+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV

bantapatel

Apr 4, 2018
Hello Friends,

I was in Canada from Sept 2015 till 12th November 2017. My work permit expired on 26th October 2017 but I left country on 12th November due to some remaining important work like collecting last salary. Closing bank accounts and packing.

Now I want to apply for TRV as I am planning to visit Canada in this summer. Do you guys think that I will have a problem because I overstayed in Canada.

Any of your suggestions and help is welcome. Need to apply soon.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello Friends,

I was in Canada from Sept 2015 till 12th November 2017. My work permit expired on 26th October 2017 but I left country on 12th November due to some remaining important work like collecting last salary. Closing bank accounts and packing.

Now I want to apply for TRV as I am planning to visit Canada in this summer. Do you guys think that I will have a problem because I overstayed in Canada.

Any of your suggestions and help is welcome. Need to apply soon.
Technically you were under restoration from Oct 26th onwards. You can check if CIC had notified your expiration of work permit.
I would say its a bit soon for you to come back since you left in Nov 2017. CIC would need to see that you won't overstay in Canada and you are spending more time outside of Canada.

Reactions: bantapatel

bantapatel

Apr 4, 2018
Thank you Wonderland_1010.

On my work permit its written in conditions: Must leave Canada by 2017/10/26.

Which was my Work Permit Expiration date. Also where to check if CIC had notified me about expiration?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you Wonderland_1010.

On my work permit its written in conditions: Must leave Canada by 2017/10/26.

Which was my Work Permit Expiration date. Also where to check if CIC had notified me about expiration?
They would have emailed you or if you have a mycic account you can also check there. But the general rule is you have 90 days to restore your status which is known as restoration process.

bantapatel

Apr 4, 2018
They would have emailed you or if you have a mycic account you can also check there. But the general rule is you have 90 days to restore your status which is known as restoration process.
No. I never received any email from CIC nor I have got any notification in MyCIC account as well. Does that mean although I stayed extra few days but still its Fine?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Ok. I would wait then and apply in June July. Would that be safe by then?
Typically, CIC would like to see that you are spending more time outside of Canada and you were in Canada for 2 years. IMO, you should be okay after 1 or 2 years but you can always try to apply. Please make sure you have strong home ties and good financial standing before you apply for a visa.

bantapatel

Apr 4, 2018
Typically, CIC would like to see that you are spending more time outside of Canada and you were in Canada for 2 years. IMO, you should be okay after 1 or 2 years but you can always try to apply. Please make sure you have strong home ties and good financial standing before you apply for a visa.

Thank you,

Actually soon I’ll be getting married to a girl who just got pr approval and currently she is in Canada. She is planning to come to India and get married to me and then change her application status and add me in her application. Once that is done do you think my overstay will make any issue in her Pr or even mine if I am getting based on her?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you,

Actually soon I’ll be getting married to a girl who just got pr approval and currently she is in Canada. She is planning to come to India and get married to me and then change her application status and add me in her application. Once that is done do you think my overstay will make any issue in her Pr or even mine if I am getting based on her?
No there shouldn't be any issues as long you declare that days you spent in Canada.