+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for trv

Sep 27, 2017
Hi
Im a permanent resident..and I jz delivered to my newborn son last June 22. My commonlaw partner is in the Philippines..and planning to visit hir new born son for the first time..can he be granted a visitor visa? He has his family,work and business back in n the Philippines..his planning to visit for 3 weeks..
@ bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Have you applied for his PR?

It's generally difficult to get TRVs in such situations (but not impossible). He'll need to demonstrate really strong ties and reasons/solid evidence to prove to return to the Philippines because his family ties to Canada will outweigh his ties = Greater chances of him overstaying his visit.

It would also help if he has previous travel history

Cheers

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

It's generally difficult to get TRVs in such situations (but not impossible). He'll need to demonstrate really strong ties and reasons/solid evidence to prove to return to the Philippines because his family ties to Canada will outweigh his ties = Greater chances of him overstaying his visit.

Cheers
No, I haven't apply for his PR.
I plan to sponsor him aftr a few years because as of now I want to established my career first..and he still has a existing contract from his work that expires on the year 2020. And he has his mother who is physically ill and depends on him..

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

Cheers
No, I haven't apply for his PR.
I plan to sponsor him aftr a few years because as of now I want to established my career first..and he still has a existing contract from his work that expires on the year 2020. And he has his mother who is physically ill and depends on him..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hope you had declared him as your common law partner when you applied for your PR otherwise you won't be able to sponsor him later.

You may want to post the list of documents that he intends to submit

Sep 27, 2017
Hope you had declared him as your common law partner when you applied for your PR otherwise you won't be able to sponsor him later.

You may want to post the list of documents that he intends to submit
Documents intended to submit:
Invitation letter
My pr card
Birthcertificate of our son
Employment certificate
Employment contract
Leave of absence letter from his work
Medical certificate of his mom
Bank statement
Two way ticket

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Documents intended to submit:
Invitation letter
My pr card
Birthcertificate of our son
Employment certificate
Employment contract
Leave of absence letter from his work
Medical certificate of his mom
Bank statement
Two way ticket
Does he have any past travel?
Please please please do not purchase a ticket yet. If he already purchased a ticket, it is a mistake because it does not guarantee approval.

Sep 27, 2017
Does he have any past travel?
Please please please do not purchase a ticket yet. If he already purchased a ticket, it is a mistake because it does not guarantee approval.
no he do not have any travel history..this is the first time if ever granted a visa..and he jz want to meet his son for the first time..
he may also include a business ownership under his name..is going to have very low chance if ever he will apply for visitor visa ;(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
He must prove his business is registered + actively trading + he is required to manage the business on a day-to-day basis.

He must submit additional documents for his employment + his financials + evidence to prove his strong ties

Sep 27, 2017
Hi Bryanna,
I had applied trv for my commonlaw partner last Oct 13. And yesterday I received an email for passport request..does this indicates that the application is approve? And one more thing do he still need to submit a vac consent form and where can we get yhe

Sep 27, 2017
A moment agoNEW
Hi Bryanna,
I had applied trv for my commonlaw partner last Oct 13. And yesterday I received an email for passport request..does this indicates that the application is approve? And one more thing do he still need to submit a vac consent form and where can we get the
Vac consent form?
He is from the Philippines and applied online.
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
A moment agoNEW
Hi Bryanna,
I had applied trv for my commonlaw partner last Oct 13. And yesterday I received an email for passport request..does this indicates that the application is approve?
Fantastic :) Not yet, but almost there.

And one more thing do he still need to submit a vac consent form and where can we get the
Vac consent form?
He is from the Philippines and applied online.
Thank you

Yes, he'll need to submit the VAC consent form (can be downloaded from the VFS web site) + pay the VFS fees for passport transmission + courier charges (for the processed passport to be delivered to his residence) + the passport request letter received from IRCC