+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV/Visitor visa for overseas spousal sponsorship after receiving AOR+sponsorship approval (Permanent Residence)

Feb 26, 2024
Hi, I have recently received AOR and SA for PR application for my wife (she lives in Iran). She recently also performed her biometrics as well.

Seeing the news last year about applying for Visitor Visa while waiting for PR processing obviously has me tempted to try it as well. Does anyone have any insight they can offer? My wife doesn't work, she lives with her parents in Iran. While she has much family in Iran (uncle, aunt, cousins, etc) and has an established life there, I don't know if her lack of post-secondary education/lack of employment will hurt our chances of TRV. Does it help that we have AOR/SA/her biometrics completed?

Our timeline is as follows:
Applied: November 13, 2023
Biometric request: February 23rd, 2024
Biometric completed: February 26th, 2024
AOR/Sponsorship approval: February 26th, 2024

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all kindly.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is a topic on which no-one knows, ultimately, the answer - TRV approvals do not seem entirely consistent (to outsiders, anyway).

Having the AOR helps.

Most of the characteristics on which TRV may or may not be approved are not things you can change anyway.

Therefore, my suggestion is to tell the truth on all matters and apply. Be up-front that the spousal sponsorship is in process.

And then hope it gets approved.

Reactions: leonardodavinci
Feb 26, 2024
This is a topic on which no-one knows, ultimately, the answer - TRV approvals do not seem entirely consistent (to outsiders, anyway).

Having the AOR helps.

Most of the characteristics on which TRV may or may not be approved are not things you can change anyway.

Therefore, my suggestion is to tell the truth on all matters and apply. Be up-front that the spousal sponsorship is in process.

And then hope it gets approved.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond. Your response is reassuring, it encourages me to simply not think much about it and apply and hope for the best (if there were alternative choices then perhaps I would spend more time asking myself about what to do differently, but here there is really only one thing to do which is to go ahead and try). Thank you !

Reactions: armoured

Chestermayday

Dec 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond. Your response is reassuring, it encourages me to simply not think much about it and apply and hope for the best (if there were alternative choices then perhaps I would spend more time asking myself about what to do differently, but here there is really only one thing to do which is to go ahead and try). Thank you !
Please let us know your trv result. thank you

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hi, I have recently received AOR and SA for PR application for my wife (she lives in Iran). She recently also performed her biometrics as well.

Seeing the news last year about applying for Visitor Visa while waiting for PR processing obviously has me tempted to try it as well. Does anyone have any insight they can offer? My wife doesn't work, she lives with her parents in Iran. While she has much family in Iran (uncle, aunt, cousins, etc) and has an established life there, I don't know if her lack of post-secondary education/lack of employment will hurt our chances of TRV. Does it help that we have AOR/SA/her biometrics completed?

Our timeline is as follows:
Applied: November 13, 2023
Biometric request: February 23rd, 2024
Biometric completed: February 26th, 2024
AOR/Sponsorship approval: February 26th, 2024

I also applied for my wife's TRV and was approved in 15 days. Just had the AOR which we included in the TRV application. make sure there are enough funds to support the application and show relevant proofs for home ties and i would suggest ask for just 20-25 days vacation in the application only.

Reactions: SKGUG

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ties to home country, relationship history especially in person and country of origin can all have an impact. Iran doesn’t seem to be benefited from the IRCC craziness of blindly approving TRVs without assessment so chances of approval are likely lower than other countries but there is no harm in trying since it won’t impact sponsorship.

somi123

Jan 27, 2024
I also applied for my wife's TRV and was approved in 15 days. Just had the AOR which we included in the TRV application. make sure there are enough funds to support the application and show relevant proofs for home ties and i would suggest ask for just 20-25 days vacation in the application only.
Hi there, I am in a similar situation that you went through and trying to figure out how to approach the TRV application for my spouse. Will you be able to help us out by telling us if your spouse had a job back home and what amount of funds is enough to show, if your intention is to only show a visit of 20-25 days. Will appreciate if you can help with a response. Thanks!

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hi there, I am in a similar situation that you went through and trying to figure out how to approach the TRV application for my spouse. Will you be able to help us out by telling us if your spouse had a job back home and what amount of funds is enough to show, if your intention is to only show a visit of 20-25 days. Will appreciate if you can help with a response. Thanks!
Hello. So my spouse is not working currently at the moment. left her job couple of months before marriage. all we showed in the file regarding home ties was that she will come back to take care of parents. and for the funds we showed a total of around 15k for a stay duration of 20 days.

somi123

Jan 27, 2024
Hello. So my spouse is not working currently at the moment. left her job couple of months before marriage. all we showed in the file regarding home ties was that she will come back to take care of parents. and for the funds we showed a total of around 15k for a stay duration of 20 days.
Thanks for the reply. One other thing, did you apply straight after getting the AOR or did you wait for further processing to happen?

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply. One other thing, did you apply straight after getting the AOR or did you wait for further processing to happen?
I got the AOR on 23rd Jan and applied for TRV on 5th Feb. Hasn't received anything other than AOR. took me that many days to get all the documents(invitation letter, bank statement and everything)

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
I got the AOR on 23rd Jan and applied for TRV on 5th Feb. Hasn't received anything other than AOR. took me that many days to get all the documents(invitation letter, bank statement and everything)
Did you show only your bank statement or did you show your spouses as well?

somi123

Jan 27, 2024
Thanks for the answers. Did you also provide any specific reasons for your spouse to return to take care of you parents? like parents having health issues or something like that. Or just stating that he/she needs to take care of parents was enough?

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Thanks for the answers. Did you also provide any specific reasons for your spouse to return to take care of you parents? like parents having health issues or something like that. Or just stating that he/she needs to take care of parents was enough?
Just a generic reason that she needs to go back to care of parents. did not mentioned anything regarding health issues or any other thing. just a general statement.

Mar 20, 2024
Hi everyone! I, the Principal Applicant submitted by PR application under spousal sponsorship (my husband is a PR in Canada) on the 08/03/24 and my husband (my sponsor) received an email from IRCC on the 20/03/24 saying that:

UCI:12345678
Application No.: F001234567
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear (Sponsor),

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2024/03/08 on behalf of the following member(s):

(Principal Applicant)

Is this the AOR? Can I apply for spousal TRV after receiving this email? If I can apply for my TRV, how do I link my PR application to my TRV application?

Any help will be most welcomed! Thank you!