+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying For TRV From Abudhabi (UAE)

saryan

Dec 11, 2012
HellooooOoo!!

i have got a quick question guys, anybody had experience applying for a TRV through Abudhabi? any advice? i am willing to go on a visit for about 7 days to toronto, should i apply for a single entry or multiple?

Brief Description about myself:
Lives in dubai, (july 2011)
self employed (run my own company) (Partner, Residence Permit) Company Trade License/commercial license
travel history as they always ask (been to Norway, China, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Italy in (2012)
Funds: $70,000+ (required statement for the past 3 months)
Ties to country of residence (dubai): (my mom and dad lives here, Dads running his own business, properties in Dubai as well,)

kindly let me know if i need any additional documents!

bichoosn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2008
It is pretty simple in Abu Dhabi. Provide details of your ties and enough financial resources.

Always better to apply for multiple entry.

saryan

Dec 11, 2012
you made it really simple, it sounds that its goin to be pretty easy...provide ties as in what?(proof ties to country of residence)
secondly you mentioned provide enough financial resources? may i know whats enough? what should be the minimum balance requirement..

once again thanks for your reply!!

dileeptm

Jan 9, 2013
Hi All,

I applied online for my father in law but it got rejected. He is a UAE resident and citizen of India. He is working in UAE since 1996.

1. I have provide mine and my wife's PR and income details,etc...like bank, job proofs, income proof,marriage certificate,address etc..

2. For father in law , we submitted approved leave, Salary statement, and Bank statements.

These are the reasons for rejection

1. Travel history - Whats this reason?
2. Ties in Canada and Ties in country of residence
3. Proof of assets and finance status - i guess in country of residence

1 .Please advise how to clear all these and apply again?
2. Can i apply for him from India though he is working in UAE?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Dileep,

Regardless of whether your father-in-law applies from the UAE or India (he can apply as he is an Indian citizen), he must be able to demonstrate strong ties to the UAE and/or to India.

Travel History:
Has your FIL traveled to other countries, particularly the US/UK/Schengen, etc?
Travel history shows an applicant is likely to return to his/her home country after each visit.

Ties in Canada versus those in the UAE:
This means your FIL has more immediate family in Canada compared to the UAE.... hence, he may overstay his visit.
Does he have other family who live with him in the UAE? Other family in India who visit him in the UAE or he visits them in India?

Financial situation:
How much finances did your FIL show?
Was all of this money his own or was it borrowed for the visa application?
Does he have any FDs, shares, investments, foreign currency - either locked-in or available?

Apart from this, does your FIL own property in India/UAE? Does he live in a leased accommodation in the UAE?
Is he close to retirement?
What was the duration of his intended visit?
Purpose of his visit?

Cheers

dileeptm

Jan 9, 2013
Hi ,

I applied again online for FIL. With an additional letter of explanation and all sort of proofs for ties, relationship,financial status,etc. I applied on Jan-8th but no response yet. Almost 11 working days.

CIC website is showing only 8 days but i read some cases where it got processed in 4 days and some cases in 40 days.

Anybody know about REAL processing time in Abu dhabi?

Regards,
Dileep

dileeptm

Jan 9, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am still waiting for some updates from Abu Dhabi visa office. It is almost 23 days

Qns:

1. After PP request,any idea approximately how long will it take to stamp the VISA and get it back to our hands?
2. What is the fastest way of getting it stamped?
3. My FIL surrendered his passport at his office (that is the rule), what is the best way to get the PP from them for stamping. Usually they will give it for Emergency vacation and yearly vacation.

some one please advise.

Thanks,
Dileep