+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV after submitting PR (CEC) application.

psandy1213

Jun 27, 2021
Hi all,

I applied for PR under CEC earlier this month within Canada. My work permit recently extended. As part of next step I need to submit application for TRV (i.e. Visa stamp) as it is expired as well. Just want to check is it ok to apply TRV now, will it cause any complexity to PR application processing?

Has anyone faced similar situation earlier?

Thanks.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Did you applied for BOWP or applied the normal Work Permit application after submitting the PR application?
How much time did it take for the Work permit approval if submitted after the PR application?
I belive once you get the PR then you might not be needing the TRV.

psandy1213

Jun 27, 2021
No I applied for ICT WP and it was applied before PR application. It was approved in 2 months. I believe timelines for processing WP same even if you apply after PR application.
Yes, TRV is not useful after PR. Only issue is some PR applications taking long time so thinking for going for TRV. I personally know few folks waiting for PR from early 2020. However, they do not applied for TRV as either they have valid TRV or not thinking of leaving Canada till get PR.
In case need to leave Canada for emergency it would be issue if do not have TRV or PR.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
No I applied for ICT WP and it was applied before PR application. It was approved in 2 months. I believe timelines for processing WP same even if you apply after PR application.
Yes, TRV is not useful after PR. Only issue is some PR applications taking long time so thinking for going for TRV. I personally know few folks waiting for PR from early 2020. However, they do not applied for TRV as either they have valid TRV or not thinking of leaving Canada till get PR.
In case need to leave Canada for emergency it would be issue if do not have TRV or PR.
That's correct. TRV are taking a longer time too. We have applied since Feb 21 but still, there are no updates for TRV.