+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV after getting PGWP Extended.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello,

I could do with some help here in regards to applying for a new TRV. My current one got expired during January 2016.

My status in Canada is under PGWP.

Here are some details:

Case Type- 20
Employer-Any
Occupation/Profession: OPEN

What sort of TRV should I apply for? Can someone pleaseprovide me the link to the documents required and the checklist for it?
I need the TRV to travel mostly for work purposes.
Please advice. Thank you!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codeguru said:
Hello,

I could do with some help here in regards to applying for a new TRV. My current one got expired during January 2016.

My status in Canada is under PGWP.

Here are some details:

Case Type- 20
Employer-Any
Occupation/Profession: OPEN

What sort of TRV should I apply for? Can someone pleaseprovide me the link to the documents required and the checklist for it?
I need the TRV to travel mostly for work purposes.
Please advice. Thank you!
If you are within Canada, please go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CA#applications

You can also choose to apply online. Login to your MyCIC account and apply for a TRV.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
codeguru said:
Are you able to tell me why the application IMM5257E does not have an option to choose Mutiple or Single Entry? I would like to apply for Multiple Entry TRV. I am worker in Canada and I am currently in Canada.

Thank you.
Nvm. I am told that any application for TRV are now considered as multiple entry and is decided by the officer.

I am going to be applying online. Do I need to physically scan the application (i.e print it, sign it and scan it) or does it get virtually signed after I upload my documents?

Thank you.

YQ

Sep 15, 2015
Hello. I need some some help regarding TRV that we get after Post Graduate Work Permit. I am currently outside Canada and have post graduate work permit.
Please guide me about following queries.

1) I am currenly in Pakistan and want to apply for TRV and the paper application form asks for proof of financial support. Can I attach bank statements of parents as proof?

2) I will soon be travelling to UAE so If I apply from there, can I use the same proof of financial support like the bank statements of parents whose bank accounts are in Pakistan?

Admin and other members, Please help! I am in a fix.. Or guide me to any appropiate link/ person that can help! Thank you.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hello. I have a question regarding TRV. I just got extended wor permit, so I would like to apply for a visa within Canada.

I completed online questiory and it shows what documents I should upload. One of them is IMM5708 (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a visitor or a temporary resident permit holder). However when I did my TRV extension before I was asked to upload IMM5257 (application for a temporary resident visa). I just wonder why it is asking to upload different forms? Or maybe I did something incorrect?

Also, this time it asks me to upload proof of means of financial support, which I didn't upload before.

Gagan Bhatia

Dec 23, 2016
Hello. I have a question regarding TRV. I just got extended wor permit, so I would like to apply for a visa within Canada.

I completed online questiory and it shows what documents I should upload. One of them is IMM5708 (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a visitor or a temporary resident permit holder). However when I did my TRV extension before I was asked to upload IMM5257 (application for a temporary resident visa). I just wonder why it is asking to upload different forms? Or maybe I did something incorrect?

Also, this time it asks me to upload proof of means of financial support, which I didn't upload before.
Hey

Can you tell how you got your work permit extension. Do you need LMIA for that ?

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
Can
Hello. I need some some help regarding TRV that we get after Post Graduate Work Permit. I am currently outside Canada and have post graduate work permit.
Please guide me about following queries.

1) I am currenly in Pakistan and want to apply for TRV and the paper application form asks for proof of financial support. Can I attach bank statements of parents as proof?

2) I will soon be travelling to UAE so If I apply from there, can I use the same proof of financial support like the bank statements of parents whose bank accounts are in Pakistan?

Admin and other members, Please help! I am in a fix.. Or guide me to any appropiate link/ person that can help! Thank you.
You please guide me how to apply from Pakistan. I am on open work permit and I went back home with expired trv. How to apply in islamabad