+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for TFW work permit/ LMIA while outland app is processing???

twtoca

Mar 22, 2015
I am married to a Canadian citizen that is currently working Canada. We are in the process of applying for Family sponsorship for PR via marriage. I am a US citizen so we are applying outland due to processing times. We have not submitted the App for outland pr yet due to FBI Background check, but the fbi letter is in the mail. We have already paid the PR fee's to CIC.

I am discussing a potential permanent job offer with a employer in the same town that my wife works in. They are trying to fill a management level position due to pending retirement. I am very qualified for the position and have more than enough experience.Their isnt much interest in the position from qualified Canadian candidates according to the employer .

The company needs the LMIA processed as fast as possible because the person I would be replacing wants to be retired by summer. Our PR application processing time would not fit with their replacement needs

Would there be any adverse impact of applying for LMIA/ TFW work permit and outland PR at the same time? Dual intent issues??should we wait to file pr??

Would including documentation below of our PR app in the LMIA/ TFW application hurt our PR app??
-our marriage certificate
-spouse birth certificate
-employment verification letter from spouses Canadian employer
-my fbi background check
-copy of receipt of fee's paid to CIC for PR

Also would getting a letter of support from local MP or MLA expedite the LMIA/TFW process?? Has anyone tried that or heard of that???
Thanks in advanced

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
twtoca said:
Would there be any adverse impact of applying for LMIA/ TFW work permit and outland PR at the same time? Dual intent issues??should we wait to file pr??

Would including documentation below of our PR app in the LMIA/ TFW application hurt our PR app??

Also would getting a letter of support from local MP or MLA expedite the LMIA/TFW process?? Has anyone tried that or heard of that???
Thanks in advanced
No, there is no adverse impact in applying for an LMIA/work permit and PR at the same time. They are completely separate apps.

There is no need to include any proof of your PR app in the work permit app. Include what is on the application checklist and nothing more.

A letter from a politician or anyone else will have ZERO effect on the LMIA and work permit process.