+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Super Visa while Visitor Visa application decision pending

TalhaS

Nov 24, 2019
Hi folks!

My wife and I are Canadian PRs. Over 9 months ago, my parents applied for visitor visas from Pakistan with the intent of visiting me and my wife in late summer. Long story short, my father's application went into additional processing, which has also delayed my mother's application. We have followed up on their application twice, and have only received the standard, copy-paste response.

At the time of application, I was in graduate school and did not meet the financial requirements that my parents could apply for super visas. Now, I do as I have graduated and started a full-time job. My questions is, can my mother apply for a super visa while her visitor visa application decision has not been made? Fathers can always wait ;)

This is my first post on CanadaVisa, so please let me know if I haven't provided sufficient details. :)

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi folks!

My wife and I are Canadian PRs. Over 9 months ago, my parents applied for visitor visas from Pakistan with the intent of visiting me and my wife in late summer. Long story short, my father's application went into additional processing, which has also delayed my mother's application. We have followed up on their application twice, and have only received the standard, copy-paste response.

At the time of application, I was in graduate school and did not meet the financial requirements that my parents could apply for super visas. Now, I do as I have graduated and started a full-time job. My questions is, can my mother apply for a super visa while her visitor visa application decision has not been made? Fathers can always wait ;)

This is my first post on CanadaVisa, so please let me know if I haven't provided sufficient details. :)
I would recommend to wait for the outcome of the current application. Since you have already applied for visitors visa and if you apply Super visa, the immigration officer would know based on the file number/name match. If he comes to a conclusion that the visitors visa is delayed due to some reason, then they would hold the Super visa application as well.

Wait for others to comment. This is just my perspective.

TalhaS

Nov 24, 2019
I would recommend to wait for the outcome of the current application. Since you have already applied for visitors visa and if you apply Super visa, the immigration officer would know based on the file number/name match. If he comes to a conclusion that the visitors visa is delayed due to some reason, then they would hold the Super visa application as well.

Wait for others to comment. This is just my perspective.
Appreciate your input. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have NOA showing proof of income above LICO. For supervisa it is not about future salary it is about whether you have already earned above LICO.

TalhaS

Nov 24, 2019
Do you have NOA showing proof of income above LICO. For supervisa it is not about future salary it is about whether you have already earned above LICO.
According to Canada.ca's Super visa (for parents and grandparents): Who can apply https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:
  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
  • Employment Insurance stubs
  • employment letter including salary and date of hiring
  • pay stubs
  • bank statements
I imagine my 4+ months of paystubs would be sufficient.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
According to Canada.ca's Super visa (for parents and grandparents): Who can apply https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

I imagine my 4+ months of paystubs would be sufficient.
In reality an NOA is what they usually accept. You have to show you have earned LICO and not that you will make above LICO in that year. Canada doesn’t want parents to start visiting their children for a few years soon after they move. They want to see that the children have established themselves before their parents arrive. I assume you will still apply so please report back and let us know if they do accept just paystubs. Always good to keep up-to-date on what is being accepted.