+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Visa, Sister has PR in Canada.. EXPERTS PLEASE HELP!!

srizvi93

Jul 7, 2014
Hi,
I am looking to apply for 2015 Undergrad BBA Accounting program in Memorial University of Newfoundland, I am from Karachi, Pakistan.
My Profile:
HSC 74% 2012
Preparing for IELTS
Passed 8 papers of ACCA Foundation already, will be completing ACCA all F1-F9 Foundation courses by December 2014 InsAllah

I am worried for visa acceptance as my sister has moved to Calgary, Canada last year on immigration basis, She has PR and during immigration she has listed my name in family info form so I can't hide her name in my application, I have heard that if you have relatives in canada then you dont get the visa?? Please share if any of you have experienced this case around, I have my two elder brothers and parents settled in Pakistan, one sister in canada and one in UAE, other ties to my homeland could be my parents property, i m the youngest in my siblings, my parents will be sponsoring me for my studies (25k + 1st semester fees payment). I won't be showing my sister funds or anything except her name on my family info form.

Please suggest me how can I make my case stronger and what else I could show to make my home ties stronger, SHould i discuss in my SOP that my sister won't be taking care of me at all! I mean something like that in SOP???

If any one has come across similar case around or have any suggestion... Please Help!!! :-\

uppalmp

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/2014
IELTS Request
6.0 (L-6.5,R-6,W-6,S-6)
File Transfer...
07/07/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected 29-07-2014
srizvi93 said:
Hi,
I am looking to apply for 2015 Undergrad BBA Accounting program in Memorial University of Newfoundland, I am from Karachi, Pakistan.
My Profile:
HSC 74% 2012
Preparing for IELTS
Passed 8 papers of ACCA Foundation already, will be completing ACCA all F1-F9 Foundation courses by December 2014 InsAllah

I am worried for visa acceptance as my sister has moved to Calgary, Canada last year on immigration basis, She has PR and during immigration she has listed my name in family info form so I can't hide her name in my application, I have heard that if you have relatives in canada then you dont get the visa?? Please share if any of you have experienced this case around, I have my two elder brothers and parents settled in Pakistan, one sister in canada and one in UAE, other ties to my homeland could be my parents property, i m the youngest in my siblings, my parents will be sponsoring me for my studies (25k + 1st semester fees payment). I won't be showing my sister funds or anything except her name on my family info form.

Please suggest me how can I make my case stronger and what else I could show to make my home ties stronger, SHould i discuss in my SOP that my sister won't be taking care of me at all! I mean something like that in SOP???

If any one has come across similar case around or have any suggestion... Please Help!!! :-\
My sister is also in pr in canada, applied for visa on 7th july..see what will happen

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
The more you hide the lesser would be your chances. The vice versa holds true. Genuine students never have issues.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
tusharnayyer said:
The more you hide the lesser would be your chances. The vice versa holds true. Genuine students never have issues.
Very True!!
100% Correct !!

h.k.s

Aug 5, 2013
srizvi93 said:
Hi,
My Profile:
HSC 74% 2012
Preparing for IELTS

If you have strong ties in Pakistan, it could help. But even for family info, they do not ask where the present location of family members are. My form just asked where they were born and their date of birth. So you wont have to mention anything about her location. However, they will probably know she is in Canada because all the details are recorded so they can match info such as names and D.O.B and know that she is currently in Canada.
If it is possible, you can get an employment letter which states that you are on study leave and will be returning back to Pakistan to continue working for the company, and maybe have penalties if you do not return. This could help you as it seems like a strong tie since you have a job if you decide to go back.

sidhu h

Jul 22, 2014
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 july 2014
Doc's Request.
with application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17 july 2014
Med's Request
with application
Med's Done....
17 april
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
with application
VISA ISSUED...
6-8-2014
LANDED..........
17 aug 2014
my sis is also pr in canada nd i do mentioned it . n i got my visa today . so no need to worry .

kaleem001

Oct 4, 2014
Hi!

Bro, have you applied or not? Are you seeking any consultant's help? Any exemption would you be getting on your ACCA basis?

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
my sis is also pr in canada nd i do mentioned it . n i got my visa today . so no need to worry .
I also have brother as PR
He has also disclose me in his form I want to be genuine
I will mention him in my family info form and declared him as permanent resident in SOP it will be fine right?
Any other way please suggest

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Same is my case my brother is PR holder( Received in 2018) who travel in the year 2013 as a student
So in family form I should mention him and in My SOP I should declare him has a PR?
Did you did the same while declaring your sis has a PR?

Apr 19, 2021
Same is my case my brother is PR holder( Received in 2018) who travel in the year 2013 as a student
So in family form I should mention him and in My SOP I should declare him has a PR?
Did you did the same while declaring your sis has a PR?
Have you been able to get Visa? Please update (in a similar situation here)