+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study visa from the UK

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
It’s weird because even though we’re not not in the exact same position it’s similar. My partner has previously done a ski instructors course in Canada so he was there for 6 months. Then we did and IEC for two years. He also has two uncles that live out there but we have never been permanent residents ourselves. Maybe because of our time already spent in Canada and family ties that’s why it’s taking so long for us. We have also travelled to a lot of other countries. I’m assuming you guys haven’t had any update yet? :(

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
It’s weird because even though we’re not not in the exact same position it’s similar. My partner has previously done a ski instructors course in Canada so he was there for 6 months. Then we did and IEC for two years. He also has two uncles that live out there but we have never been permanent residents ourselves. Maybe because of our time already spent in Canada and family ties that’s why it’s taking so long for us. We have also travelled to a lot of other countries. I’m assuming you guys haven’t had any update yet? :(
Nothing. Think we can push it until mid July but if haven't heard by then going to have to move into new accommodation and defer my course till January. Really not ideal with kids but I cant leave it last minute. I have emailed them about it twice marking it urgent but nothing back. So frustrating. I'm trying to push it to the back of my mind because if I dont it is gonna eat me up!

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
Nothing yet, I sent a CSE a few days ago, but apparently they can take up to 28 days to reply(they are really generous on themselves). Not really expecting much in the reply, i'd be surprised if it's anything but the usual response.

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Nothing. Think we can push it until mid July but if haven't heard by then going to have to move into new accommodation and defer my course till January. Really not ideal with kids but I cant leave it last minute. I have emailed them about it twice marking it urgent but nothing back. So frustrating. I'm trying to push it to the back of my mind because if I dont it is gonna eat me up!
Oh man that really sucks you still have just over a month for them to reply so don’t lose hope just yet! And yeah we’re teying to do the same thing :/

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Nothing yet, I sent a CSE a few days ago, but apparently they can take up to 28 days to reply(they are really generous on themselves). Not really expecting much in the reply, i'd be surprised if it's anything but the usual response.
Well I hope it’s something more than the usual response. They haven’t lost your application or something because the wait you’ve had so far is ridiculous :/

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Oh man that really sucks you still have just over a month for them to reply so don’t lose hope just yet! And yeah we’re teying to do the same thing :/
I know trying not to. Ordered those GCSM notes last night so maybe they can give me some insight. Suppose it can't do any harm.

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Hi everyone.

We have been waiting since the beginning of April. Not as long as some of you but again, having similar experience of sending CSE's with no response. We sent one last week marked as urgent stating that the college my husband is attending has emailed him to request that he is there early August for some tests.

We also only have temp accommodation until end of July as we sold our house.

It's absolutely disgusting that this process takes this long and yet they stoll publish a 1 week average on their processing times. So people will no doubt be submitting applications still now with the hope of getting visas before fall course starts. We don't have ties to Canada and we've only ever visited once so we can't understand what is taking so bloody long.

It really is an agonising wait and in the back of my mind I feel like it simply won't be processed in time.

What I don't understand is IEC is processed relatively quickly in comparison. For me,applicants under this stream pose more of a risk over students who are investing a considerable amount of money in their education in Canada. I can't understand what takes so long.

Reactions: SamC10

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Hi everyone.

We have been waiting since the beginning of April. Not as long as some of you but again, having similar experience of sending CSE's with no response. We sent one last week marked as urgent stating that the college my husband is attending has emailed him to request that he is there early August for some tests.

It's absolutely disgusting that this process takes this long and yet they stoll publish a 1 week average on their processing times. So people will no doubt be submitting applications still now with the hope of getting visas before fall course starts. We don't have ties to Canada and we've only ever visited once so we can't understand what is taking so bloody long.

It really is an agonising wait and in the back of my mind I feel like it simply won't be processed in time.

What I don't understand is IEC is processed relatively quickly in comparison. For me,applicants under this stream pose more of a risk over students who are investing a considerable amount of money in their education in Canada. I can't understand what takes so long.
Hey, sorry to hear you’re going through the same thing as us :/ and to make things worse I just looked at the processing times, it’s been saying it takes 1 week for about 4 weeks, but now it’s up to 3 weeks. I think the processing times are an absolute farce. I don’t think I’ve come across someone on here who has applied from the UK and had successfully got their study visa. I really do hope you hear is time considering you have sold your home. Me and my partner have until the end of this month or we are deferring, we have contacted the university already. It is very frustrating. We are keeping this thread open for any updates so if I hear anything I’ll be sure to let you know. I hope all of you have good news soon!

Reactions: Teal1985

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi everyone.

Completely agree with you on all of it. It takes over your life when it gets to this point.
I emailed them over the exact same thing, we only have our accommodation till the end of July. Marked as urgent. Nothing back....
I keep thinking and searching because there must be a way to speak to someone, but there doesn't seem to be.
I hope you hear back and all of us waiting.

Reactions: Teal1985

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Completely agree with you on all of it. It takes over your life when it gets to this point.
I emailed them over the exact same thing, we only have our accommodation till the end of July. Marked as urgent. Nothing back....
I keep thinking and searching because there must be a way to speak to someone, but there doesn't seem to be.
I hope you hear back and all of us waiting.
As we discussed on another thread, Sam, the fact that we cannot speak to anyone about our cases is the worst part. There is literally nowhere to go. I'm considering taking my issue to a government rep here as it seems to be something is happening behind the scenes that isn't really public knowledge. They don't owe us anything but the process needs to be more transparent. We pay a fee for processing, if people are paying fees and officials have no intention of processing applications on time and they are being left in limbo then something needs to be done about that.

I am concerned that people will apply in the next month or so thinking that they have plenty of time for processing given the reported time of 3 weeks.

The departments processing have to be accountable to someone? What is annoying is that we transfered the full year of tuition already and if we are to get that refunded now. We stand to lose a good £500 + from the bloody exchange rate differences.

I'm going to make a complaint if we don't hear anything. There has to be recourse for people who have paid fees for their application processing.

Fingers crossed for you all.

Reactions: Miranda98

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
As we discussed on another thread, Sam, the fact that we cannot speak to anyone about our cases is the worst part. There is literally nowhere to go. I'm considering taking my issue to a government rep here as it seems to be something is happening behind the scenes that isn't really public knowledge. They don't owe us anything but the process needs to be more transparent. We pay a fee for processing, if people are paying fees and officials have no intention of processing applications on time and they are being left in limbo then something needs to be done about that.

I am concerned that people will apply in the next month or so thinking that they have plenty of time for processing given the reported time of 3 weeks.

The departments processing have to be accountable to someone? What is annoying is that we transfered the full year of tuition already and if we are to get that refunded now. We stand to lose a good £500 + from the bloody exchange rate differences.

I'm going to make a complaint if we don't hear anything. There has to be recourse for people who have paid fees for their application processing.

Fingers crossed for you all.
I did consider a complaint too but I was worried it may go against me, even though I know it shouldn't. I will for sure post decisions...
Again agree with what you have said and hopefully if you speak with a government rep they can help. I mentioned earlier on this thread I got in touch with an MP in Canada. They were able to update me a bit more on my application status but that was it really. Maybe the government rep who works in the London Embassy would be a better bet?

Miranda98

May 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I am in a similar situation of experiencing frustrating processing time. I submitted my online application for study permit on 06 April 2019, and have been waiting for more than 10 weeks. Although I know my waiting time is not the longest compared to others, I have already missed the official entry deadline for my programme. I contacted the university, and they kindly postponed my (last) entry deadline to 08 July. If I miss it, I will have to defer my entry for a whole year. :(

More over, I am a international student from China but now studying in UK, and the processing time may even be longer for non-UK passport:(. (Actually, I initially submitted my application to Hong Kong office since I have heard about the ridiculous processing time in UK. But later I was informed that my application was Transferred to London office. Maybe because I submitted my biometrics in UK? who knows!) Just as everybody did, I tried to contact high commission via email and web-form, however, no useful information replied.

Best of luck for all of us!

Reactions: SamC10