+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permits/visas while conjugal application is being processed

canada93india91

Nov 27, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Indian boyfriend and I are just finishing up our conjugal application and planning to send it in the next few weeks. So we were wondering if it is possible to apply and be accepted for any types of visas during the time that it is being processed. His dad is planning for him to possibly come back for more schooling in Canada in about 8 months. Nobody knows about this application because we are gay, so he can't tell his dad. So would he be able to still be accepted for study permits, work permits, tourist visa etc during the processing? Thanks!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He can certainly apply for a study, work or visitor visa. However the chance that he will be approved will now likely be lower than before due to the sponosrship application. To be approved for a study, work or visitor visa you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country and show you have no plans to remain in Canada long term. Having a sponsorship application in process demonstrates that you do in fact have plans to remain in Canada long term.

Having said that, there's nothing stopping him from trying.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
canada93india91 said:
My Indian boyfriend and I are just finishing up our conjugal application and planning to send it in the next few weeks. So we were wondering if it is possible to apply and be accepted for any types of visas during the time that it is being processed. His dad is planning for him to possibly come back for more schooling in Canada in about 8 months. Nobody knows about this application because we are gay, so he can't tell his dad. So would he be able to still be accepted for study permits, work permits, tourist visa etc during the processing? Thanks!!
If you are applying conjugal, that means it is physically/legally impossible for the both or you to live together, or to get married. Part of the main requirement of a conjugal app, is showing denied visa requests.

So if he got accepted for a TRV or any other kind of visa, it would basically be saying you do not apply for conjugal sponsorship and most likely your application would be rejected.