+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for study permit with dependents from Pakistan

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello
I am going to apply for study visa for PhD in 2017. I have three kids who are under 10. I want to take them and my husband with me as dependents. Has anybody applied so far with these circumstances. if yes what is the success rate. everybody is suggesting that I should first apply for only my visa and after coming to Canada, apply for my family but the problem is that my kids are too young especially my youngest is just one year old so i want to take them with me. My hubby needs to go too to take care of kids. I have adequate finances to cover my education and stay.
some one suggested that i should go for immigration instead of Study. but i am not sure how long it will take bcz i want to join coming session which is in sep 2017. Although i am qualifying to enter my application in express entry but my points are not very good because my work experience and degree is in education which is not highly demanded in Canada.

I am really confused now. please somebody help me

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Hi
If you want to apply for study permit and you think your points for Express Entry are not too much then don,t apply in Express Entry because your dual intention to immigrate and study will weaken your study permit case.

What I suggest, get admission in Phd. in Canada and apply with your husband and three kids... You will get visa for all of you because as a Phd. student your profile is much stronger for study visa.

libratelco

Aug 2, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, i wanted to know few things for studying in canada:

1. I am looking for Early Childhood Education (ECE), so which is the best college accepting international students?
2. can my husband & duagther accompany me as dependent if i go for student visa?
3. will this course help me to get PR as this diploma course would be for 2 years.
4. any other course recommended if my long term plan is to get PR.

my academic qualifications are:

10th - Federal Board - Islamabd - Pakistan
12th - Intermediate Board - Karachi - Pakistan
2 years BCOM - Karachi University
1 year Associate Montessori International - Karachi - Pakistan- ami-global.org

please suggest the best college / best possible way to come to canada.

Jithula

Dec 8, 2013
libratelco said:
Hello everyone,

1. I am looking for Early Childhood Education (ECE), so which is the best college accepting international students?
2. can my husband & duagther accompany me as dependent if i go for student visa?
3. will this course help me to get PR as this diploma course would be for 2 years.

12th - Intermediate Board - Karachi - Pakistanj

Someone pls reply... I also have the same kind of question...

shahidparwez

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
02-05-2016
File Transfer...
04-05-2016
libratelco said:
Hello everyone,

12th - Intermediate Board - Karachi - Pakistan

Whenever you apply for student permit with dependents it reduces chances of approval. Keep in mind it is student permit not PR even though you have sufficient funds available to support your family in Canada. Although they have written at CIC website detailed procedure that how you can apply student permit with dependents but it is only written and in practice things are quite different and also keep in mind current political and economic scenario in Pakistan where every second person is making endeavours to move from Pakistan. Therefore my advice to you is that first apply for your student permit get settle down there and then apply for dependents