+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying For Study Permit With Conditional Acceptance Letter.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi :)

So I've been trying to get a little bit of information about the aforementioned topic.

I have received a conditional offer from Memorial University of Newfoundland, pending that the school receives my official degree once I graduate.

I'll be graduating early July, so I'm a bit worried that this would come in between the issuance of my study permit as I will be applying for September intake.

I read on the country specific document requirements that a student may apply for a visawith a conditional offer, and once the issue holding it back from an unconditional letter has been met, May submit the document to be issued a visa.

Has anyone here applied with a conditional offer or has had any sort of experience with this???

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: rogerdude1

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
I applied with a conditional offer letter for fall 2015. Condition was the same as yours. I got my visa in 20 days without any problem.

nghan

Mar 26, 2016
hmrathod said:
I applied with a conditional offer letter for fall 2015. Condition was the same as yours. I got my visa in 20 days without any problem.
hi, you apply visa under SPP

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
hi guys... I am in same situation...
I would get provisional degree cert by end of july... hopefully!

btw so can you please share indetail procedure? I mean... can I apply now? and then after 4 month I will provide them degree? CIC will wait till then?

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
one consultant told me it would be late to apply in july end... because we get provisional degree... then we would give it to university... they will send back the offer letter... this would take quite few weeks...

I dnt trust the consultant though... he was trying to get me in his choice of college by scaring me... and may be never told me about this way to apply with conditional offer letter

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
Yes go ahead and apply with you conditional offer letter. Once you get your degree conferred, submit that to the university and they will remove a hold placed on your application. CIC doesn't play any role in this.

And I applied for a University Category.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
hmrathod said:
Great hearing that, and congrats!!

But I'm a little suprised they issued you your visa without seeing your final transcript and official degree

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
I submitted the final transcript and provisional degree certificate issued by my university. It was just the final official degree pending.

All VO care about is if you are coming to Canada for your intended purpose thats it. If your profile is strong they don't really care about all these stuffs. I applied for the study permit at very last moment without an Ielts score, with conditional offer letter, No GIC and No Tution fees paid.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
ohhh... so it was a conditional letter, but you still submitted a final transcript and degree..
I thought you just submitted an incomplete transcript and no degree pending on your graduation.

because that's what I have in mind, if I wasn't clear earlier.

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
you still have the confusion?

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Yes, what I don't understand is, I think you attached your official degree and final transcript with your conditional offer letter.

Because my inquiry is applying with a conditional offer letter along with a transcript pending on me finishing my last semester. And then sending my official degree and finalized transcript once i graduate. Just so I'm not late in July and the processing of my visa can begin now.

My inquiries are of the CIC and not the University.

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request