+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Permit / Visa

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

My only sister (no other brother and sister) found a prof as her supervisor and is going to apply for study permit / visa soon. But I have lived here for the last 20 years (Canadian Citizen), and sponsored my parents (they are landing in the next couple of months). So my questions are:

1) she is definitely going to follow the rules here, and leave Canada when she has to, but can having no tie back home cause her study permit application to be rejected?

2) if so, what do you guys suggest?

Thanks a lot!

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
1) she is definitely going to follow the rules here, and leave Canada when she has to, but can having no tie back home cause her study permit application to be rejected?

Having no ties to the home country is a potential issue.
However, if you live in a country, you probably have a bank account, past jobs, past studies, etc... everything "might" help
Collect everything proving she lived in the home country.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She does have bank accounts, etc. But the fact is that she is currently dependent to my parents and she lives with them. She will like to stay here in Canada if she gets a job offer.

Simply saying she has outstanding marks (her GPA is A+) and she will follow rules and use post graduate work permit if she gets an offer, and if not, she will return home, it is not enough? She basically has no ties back home (she just graduated, so no job ever, and she lives with my parents).

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Ok, then collect whatever documents she has in the home country, e.g. past diplomas, current transcripts, bank accounts, car/home ownership under her name, etc. Just do your best to collect anything that might be interpreted as a tie to her home country.

Her case can appear to have a potential immigration intent, which could be harmful. I think here the decision might depend on the officer.