+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study permit (SPP) after August 1st

hpambhar

Jul 30, 2016
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to apply for study permit through SPP after August first. I haven't received my GIC certificate yet and I wouldn't get it till 2nd August since 1st August is a civic holiday in Canada. Banks would open back on 2nd and I would be able to apply for visa on the 3rd.

Has anyone ever had a success in getting visa if they applied after 1st August?

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
For september intake, it might be hard but depends on where you're applying from. For Jan intake, you have plenty of time.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
hpambhar said:
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if its possible to apply for study permit through SPP after August first. I haven't received my GIC certificate yet and I wouldn't get it till 2nd August since 1st August is a civic holiday in Canada. Banks would open back on 2nd and I would be able to apply for visa on the 3rd.

Has anyone ever had a success in getting visa if they applied after 1st August?
If I were you, I would never take risk of refusal. Better wait for 2 months and apply for Jan intake starting 1st October. Good Luck

hpambhar

Jul 30, 2016
reason984flood said:
For september intake, it might be hard but depends on where you're applying from. For Jan intake, you have plenty of time.

Applying from Ahmedabad vfs. The problem is that it is taking more than 5 business days for Scotia bank to send me back GIC. Sent the funds one and half weeks back.

Riyaz8108

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
I would suggest to not apply for your VISA now. You should have kept in mind about the GIC things. I got my certificate in 13 days. Since Aug 1st is the deadline no applications would be taken by the officers. Anyways it is upto you.

nagdewani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riyaz8108 said:
I would suggest to not apply for your VISA now. You should have kept in mind about the GIC things. I got my certificate in 13 days. Since Aug 1st is the deadline no applications would be taken by the officers. Anyways it is upto you.
they will take application after 1st august but mostly applications get rejected (not always)

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
No applications after August may not be processed in time for September intake, but this doesn't mean they will reject it.

K.Singh43

Jul 28, 2016
The last date for Submission of Visa applications has been revised till 7th of Aug from 1st Aug. You may process your application in this week also.

hpambhar

Jul 30, 2016
K.Singh43 said:
The last date for Submission of Visa applications has been revised till 7th of Aug from 1st Aug. You may process your application in this week also.
Hey!

Can you tell me where did you get this information from? thanks

RISHABH.RT98

Mar 5, 2016
Hey bro I am also in the same situation today I have submitted my gic amount and I am worry about my visa may be gic takes 10 days or more but I will try for it and apply for visa in cic website there is no last date to apply for visa except the chances of getting visa is less

hpambhar

Jul 30, 2016
RISHABH.RT98 said:
Hey bro I am also in the same situation today I have submitted my gic amount and I am worry about my visa may be gic takes 10 days or more but I will try for it and apply for visa in cic website there is no last date to apply for visa except the chances of getting visa is less

Are you applying through SPP visa?

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply with the signed and stamped swift transfer copy provided by your bank and apply for visa. and and tell them that you havent received gic yet.when u will get GIC then submitted it later at the same Vfs where you applied for visa.as I and two other known people did this same at chd and Delhi vfs.
vfs people told us to do this way.

Kunbhar

Sep 7, 2017
I have applied on 3rd August for September intake spp, too. There's no sign of any updates till now. My college has been started off.duh!