+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permit after visitor visa refusal

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Hello, as u can see from the title i applied for visitor visa in July and it got refused . The reason was just purpose of visit.
So now i'm going to apply for study permit. I am waiting for my acceptance letter from UQAM. About my education i did my bachelor in my home country by french studies and masters in France by Euro-asian relations and economic and now i'm going to study again in masters by human ressource managment in Montreal, Canada. About my job experience i have none.. but since i applied for winter semester ( i have 5 months till then) i applied for job as brand manager in my home country so planning to work there for 5 months ( 21 years old, living with my parents n grandma ) And for finance, my dad will finance me, i have my own property in my home country and my boyfriend is living in Montreal so that he can provide me with his apartment. I am thinking about hiring lawyer for my application. The question is how much chance do i have for getting study permit? Do u think they'll refuse since i already got masters degree? no job experience? and see intention of staying in Canada after my studies since my boyfriend is there? will visitor visa refusal affect ?
Also i have no idea how i need to prove that i have intention to leave Canada after my studies.....

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hello, as u can see from the title i applied for visitor visa in July and it got refused . The reason was just purpose of visit.
So now i'm going to apply for study permit. I am waiting for my acceptance letter from UQAM. About my education i did my bachelor in my home country by french studies and masters in France by Euro-asian relations and economic and now i'm going to study again in masters by human ressource managment in Montreal, Canada. About my job experience i have none.. but since i applied for winter semester ( i have 5 months till then) i applied for job as brand manager in my home country so planning to work there for 5 months ( 21 years old, living with my parents n grandma ) And for finance, my dad will finance me, i have my own property in my home country and my boyfriend is living in Montreal so that he can provide me with his apartment. I am thinking about hiring lawyer for my application. The question is how much chance do i have for getting study permit? Do u think they'll refuse since i already got masters degree? no job experience? and see intention of staying in Canada after my studies since my boyfriend is there? will visitor visa refusal affect ?
Also i have no idea how i need to prove that i have intention to leave Canada after my studies.....
You might get another refusal.
1. You've been initially rejected due to your purpose of visit. Now in 5 month's time you plan to re-apply because you decided that you want to study in Canada.Your intentions are questionable. It looks like you really want to go badly to go to Canada.
2. Your ties are weak. You are single, no job (you haven't even established yourself in your home country), and no financial assets. The visa officers evaluates your financial capability and not your parent's assets.

Last edited:

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
You might get another refusal.
1. You've been initially rejected due to your purpose of visit. Now in 5 month's time you plan to re-apply because you decided that you want to study in Canada.Your intentions are questionable. It looks like you really want to go badly to go to Canada. Visa officers
2. Your ties are weak. You are single, no job (you haven't even established yourself in your home country), and no financial assets. The visa officers evaluates your financial capability and not your parent's assets.
Thank you for your reply and time :)
1.Tbh about visitor visa , i wanted to visit Canada before studying (before living there) wanted to see how is life there and i am seeing only way is explain this on my letter of explanation.
2. In my savings i have 20K CAD and property which are under my name and my dad saved me .
What do u think?
But my dad has his own business so that he doesn't pay taxes and pay social insurance voluntarily. And my mom doesn't work. Do you think it would affect?
Or should i ask from my uncle to write me a letter of support to me? He has his own 3 star Hotel in France.

Last edited:

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Don't mention your boyfriend in your application.
Yea i will include him as a friend who can provide me with accomodation and helps me if i have emergency situation.
But since he is "HE" . they'll suspect he is my boyfriend....
If not what should be the right for it? :\ or rent room there to show visa officer? How should i tell about my accomodation?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yea i will include him as a friend who can provide me with accomodation and helps me if i have emergency situation.
But since he is "HE" . they'll suspect he is my boyfriend....
If not what should be the right for it? :\ or rent room there to show visa officer? How should i tell about my accomodation?
To get a study permit you will have to show you have access to enough funds to support yourself 10,000 + 1 year tuition fees.
If you say you are depending on someone for accommodation you will most likely be denied, don't mention anyone in Canada unless its required by the application forms.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
To get a study permit you will have to show you have access to enough funds to support yourself 10,000 + 1 year tuition fees.
If you say you are depending on someone for accommodation you will most likely be denied, don't mention anyone in Canada unless its required by the application forms.
Okay got it ! Thank u so much !!