+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for student visa from other Country

MCB

Apr 13, 2007
Hi , Good evening.
I would like to know if it is possible to apply for a student visa outside your original Country?
I am currently living under a student visa in Ireland and I am original from Brazil. I wonder if I can apply for a student visa in London or do I have to apply from Brazil?

TARR

May 3, 2007
My name is Amos Tarr Iam from Liberia,liveing in Monrovia trying to get astudent visa in canada
iam 28yo in some university this is my mailing adress Amos4sight@yahoo.com
I will like to study Engineering in Life
in electronic n minding engineering too,
iam a christian not marry have no child own a doploma in high school n in some coollege
may God bless us All
thanks

filia

Apr 2, 2007
How about in Costa Brava? Is it possible for a student to apply for a visa. My friend will move to Costa Brava Spain with her family. And hopefully she will have to finish her studies. Any recommendation regarding with this.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
da-silva said:
pls how dow i apply for student visa pls help me out

Start by familiarising yourself with all sub-links from the CIC "Studying in Canada" link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

Then when you get to the interview stage, there are posts from the following link within this forum that might be of help to you as well:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/student-work-permit-interview-sample-questions-pool-t5169.0.html;msg13666#msg13666

mk1992

Jul 24, 2007
claurianta said:
I did apply for my student permit outside my country of origin. I am originally from Finland and I was visiting my family in Antigua as a tourist and applied through the High Commission in Trinidad (responsible for Antigua). You just have to be legally in the country you're applying from, in your case Ireland.
As further examples, I had applied successfully in two different countries other than my country of origin (an Asian country) or my country of residence (US):

1. as a tourist in Venezuela and applying to the embassy there in Caracas.

2. as a tourist in Canada (mtl) and applying to Buffalo (already had a history of being in Canada for 5 years previous as a foreign student).