+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for student permit while waiting for permanent residence approval?

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
@ faisal124....... Immigration section and student visa section are 2 different independent process........ they do not effect one another...... i hope you got your answer....
hi there, can someone apply for SP, while waiting for PNP nomination (not pr application yet)?Please.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I know this thread is kind of old, but I'll share this story in case it works for somebody else. I have a friend who applied for express entry and later for a study permit. He got the study permit first, moved to Canada, and while studying his first semester he got the express entry invitation. This was 2018-2019.

orangewow

Aug 19, 2019
I know this thread is kind of old, but I'll share this story in case it works for somebody else. I have a friend who applied for express entry and later for a study permit. He got the study permit first, moved to Canada, and while studying his first semester he got the express entry invitation. This was 2018-2019.
Thanks so much for letting us know! :D

I wonder if there are any similar cases under COVID-19 influences.

Reactions: andrews17

palaviS

Sep 7, 2020
Thanks so much for letting us know! :D

I wonder if there are any similar cases under COVID-19 influences.
hey hi, I have a same case, already applied for pr and it is under process but now I got the letter of acceptance from a college and I am thinking for applying my study permit also. My session will start from sep 2021 and I might not get my COPR till that time.
so if I apply for study permit, will it cause any impact on PR application( reject or delay it)?
is there any chance that because of my PR application they will reject my study permit application?

any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

abbybb

Jul 10, 2020
hey hi, I have a same case, already applied for pr and it is under process but now I got the letter of acceptance from a college and I am thinking for applying my study permit also. My session will start from sep 2021 and I might not get my COPR till that time.
so if I apply for study permit, will it cause any impact on PR application( reject or delay it)?
is there any chance that because of my PR application they will reject my study permit application?

thanks.
Hi Palavi, did you get any update on this? I am pretty much in the same situation. I am in the pool, but now am planning for Jan 2022 intake. I don't think i will get a COPR by then. any info you were able to gather would be really helpful
Thanks

Dec 30, 2021
Hi Palavi, did you get any update on this? I am pretty much in the same situation. I am in the pool, but now am planning for Jan 2022 intake. I don't think i will get a COPR by then. any info you were able to gather would be really helpful
Thanks
Hi Abby,

Have you gotten any update? I was supposed to get my PR decision in May this year. Still no update so I decided to apply for PhD programmes and hoping to move to Canada on a student visa by August/Sept 2022.

Dec 30, 2021

thanks.
Hi Palavi,

Curious if you managed to get your student visa and if there's any update about the PR application. Thanks in advance.

Shivu31

Jan 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

need some suggestion, My FSW EE application is in process from 2020 and haven't been finalized yet, though i was thinking to apply for Study permit. is it ok applying for TRV while waiting for PR? would it have any impact on my ongoing application? or it will be safe if my husband apply for Study permit and i go after?