+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for statement in lieu of certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad

Nov 2, 2020
Hello everyone! I am planning in getting married in Morocco this upcoming December. I have run into an issue which is that the week I arrive in Morocco, the Canadian consulate will be closed for Christmas and I will not be able to get the certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad until the next week after Christmas, which is not ideal because I can only be in the country for 2 weeks. I am about to apply for the certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad in Canada directly at DFAIT and I am looking for someone who already has experience with this process (applying within Canada) that can help me! Let me know! Thank you so much

NB006

Feb 3, 2020
I used Capital Authentication services to go in person on my behalf to DFAIT and it was so much easier as my documents were rejected the first time and took 2 months. With Capital they had my statement and documents authenticated within a few days, then courier to my abroad

Sep 21, 2021
Urgent help is needed in regards to The certificate of celibacy. ( statutory declaration/unmarried certificate for marriage abroad)
I have notarized my document ( statutory declaration for marriage abroad) here and sent it to global affairs Canada as directed by the Canada consulate in Istanbul but it's been 3 weeks and hasn't received any response.
I am leaving on 31st Jan to Istanbul and got another certificate notarized.
Will I be able to notarize it from the consulate in Istanbul because they are saying they are closed for in-person meetings and do they provide that service? I will really appreciate the help.