+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Spousal pr application who is a refugee claimant

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hi There,

My husband is a refugee claimant and we are applying for his spousal PR application. He is currently on a WP based on his refugee claimant status in Canada for the last 4 years. What's the process to get the PCC done from his home country in Canada since he doesn't have his original passport with him currently? Also is PCC an upfront requirement?

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Check his country of birth PCC requirements. Some countries do accept a photocopy of the bio data page even if it’s expired.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Only if he his applying as a protected person, PCC is compulsory if you are applying for spousal sponsorship
Refugee Claimant can make written submission on the PCC requirement provided he is refugee claimant sponsored In-Canada to become PR by Spouse... IRCC in most cases, proceed with PR Application

Reactions: itzdrmac

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Thank you so much, everyone. Does anyone have any experience with the timeline for inland spousal pr application ( Refugee claimant)?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you so much, everyone. Does anyone have any experience with the timeline for inland spousal pr application ( Refugee claimant)?
Timeline will be close to the current timeline for In-canada spousal application.... 12months minimum

Last edited:
Reactions: meenal31

Saqibali

May 19, 2022
872"]

am refugee claimant. And also I applied for inland spousal sponsorship since January 2022.
My application is in process.my background is under process.
My refugee claim was in federal court and referred back to RAD due to incompetence of my lawyer. Now my claim in RAD this year.

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
872"]

am refugee claimant. And also I applied for inland spousal sponsorship since January 2022.
My application is in process.my background is under process.
My refugee claim was in federal court and referred back to RAD due to incompetence of my lawyer. Now my claim in RAD this year.
Did you submit the PCC then upfront? His case is also similar to yours regarding the lawyer thing. His lawyer never informed him of his court date

Saqibali

May 19, 2022
Did you submit the PCC then upfront? His case is also similar to yours regarding the lawyer thing. His lawyer never informed him of his court date
PCC mean ?
My RAD lawyer didn't submit my additional documents. He said when the judge ask then we will submit.
My RAD appeal was dismissed and then I went to other top lawyer .she is Barrister.
She is so competent and intelligent Barrister.
She did my case in federal court on the basis of my RAD lawyer incompetence.
Now the federal court refer back to RAD this year.and I submit to RAD 2 months before.