+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for renewal before 730 days reached

KPS

Nov 28, 2011
Hello all,
My parents' PR cards will expire in late July 2012. They will meet the 730 day requirement by the time their card expires. However, they are due to travel in the end of September. Since PR renewals take so long, I was planning on submitting their renewal forms some time in March with their travel docs in the hopes that they will process their cards more quickly. Is it okay to submit these forms as long as they will meet the 730 day requirement by the time their cards will expire? I read on the CIC website that we can send in renewal forms as long as they meet the 730 days by the expiry date on the card so I think I'm okay. Just wanted to know your experiences.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you apply before they have their 730 days, it is more likely that their applications will go to residency questionnaire and take forever. You could also apply in late July when they have their days and ask for expedited processing based on their plans to travel. If they do not have the PR cards yet by the time they want to travel, they can still go but they would need travel documents to return.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
IT IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE TO APPLY ONLY AFTER COMPLETING THE STATUTORY PERIOD OF STAY IN CANADA AND SATISFYING TNE PRIMARY REQUIREMENT.
YOU CAN APPLY FOR URGENT PROCESSING.

Kkd