+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PRTD

MIKE1999

Feb 18, 2017
Hi,, My kind compliments to all the seniors.
Please advise me on the following :-
As a dependent under my father, I had my PR Card which was issued in 2006 & expired in 2011. Due to old age & sickness of my grandparents back at home my parents could not permanently reside in Canada and had not met the residency requirement. Since I was a minor so I had to follow my parents. Now I have turned up 18 and I wish to apply for P.R.T.D so I may go to Canada and continue my studies over there and then serve Canada like many other Canadians.
Thanks and best regards.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You can apply for a PRTD based on the fact that you were removed from Canada as a minor. Though it's not a guarantee, at 18 years old, you have a very good chance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MIKE1999 said:
Now I have turned up 18 and I wish to apply for P.R.T.D so I may go to Canada and continue my studies over there and then serve Canada like many other Canadians.
As mentioned, you should have a very good chance of getting PR TD on H&C reasons, which would allow you to return to Canada and immediately renew your PR card.

The earlier you apply for PR TD after turning 18, the better your chances will be.

Harry99

Aug 3, 2016
MIKE1999 said:
As a dependent under my father, I had my PR Card which was issued in 2006 & expired in 2011. Due to old age & sickness of my grandparents back at home my parents could not permanently reside in Canada and had not met the residency requirement. Since I was a minor so I had to follow my parents. Now I have turned up 18 and I wish to apply for P.R.T.D so I may go to Canada and continue my studies over there and then serve Canada like many other Canadians.
Thanks and best regards.
Welcome to the club, I too have a similar case as you(was removed as a minor). I had submitted the application for a PRTD on the 19th of January and one month has gone by but the status of my application is still "Being processed".

If you need any further help, let me know

jignesh72

Sep 28, 2017
Thanks and best regards.
Dear mike,
can you please give me idea what was the outcome of your application? i have similar problem.did yo y manage to get PRTD?
how many days it took for you?

jignesh72

Sep 28, 2017
Welcome to the club, I too have a similar case as you(was removed as a minor). I had submitted the application for a PRTD on the 19th of January and one month has gone by but the status of my application is still "Being processed".

If you need any further help, let me know
Dear harry,
Can you give us idea what was the outcome of your application for PRTD?how many days it took for you?I am in same situation.

R

rish888

@jignesh72 My recollection is Harry99 got his PRTD, but it took him quite a while. If waiting is not your thing then the land border is an option as it allows you to dictate the timeline.

xMadMaxx

Feb 17, 2016
Saudi Arabia
LANDED..........
28-04-2007
when applying for a PRTD, they ask you to submit a paper to explain your reasons why you have been outside Canada all these years.
Since you were a minor and had to follow your parent, I am sure they would be understanding and there is a big chance you will get your PRTD.