+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PRTD on Humanitarian grounds.

Irfan Kakwan

Sep 28, 2019
My family (Me, my wife, my son aged 5 and daughter 9 at that time) got PR status in 2005, we stayed there for six months (received our SIN cards), my father in mean time was diagnosed of prostate cancer in Pakistan, I had to come back immediately although I was well settled there in short time, my father couldn't make it and passed away, my mother was left alone and there was no one to take care of her. I had no option but to stay. Now my children aged 20 and 24 insists to go back to Canada, my daughter is a Certified Montessori Teacher, she will be finishing her graduation by fall of 2020, My son is in 3rd semester of bachelors and is a Certified Graphic designer. They under no circumstances want to leave their parents behind, me and my spouse have nothing more precious then better future of our children. Kindly suggest /advice how should I put up my case so that I stand better chances of approval.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My family (Me, my wife, my son aged 5 and daughter 9 at that time) got PR status in 2005, we stayed there for six months (received our SIN cards), my father in mean time was diagnosed of prostate cancer in Pakistan, I had to come back immediately although I was well settled there in short time, my father couldn't make it and passed away, my mother was left alone and there was no one to take care of her. I had no option but to stay. Now my children aged 20 and 24 insists to go back to Canada, my daughter is a Certified Montessori Teacher, she will be finishing her graduation by fall of 2020, My son is in 3rd semester of bachelors and is a Certified Graphic designer. They under no circumstances want to leave their parents behind, me and my spouse have nothing more precious then better future of our children. Kindly suggest /advice how should I put up my case so that I stand better chances of approval.
Given how long you've been away and the fact you never really established yourselves in Canada, the chances of you and your spouse being approved for H&C are extremely low - pretty much nil. The chances are quite low for your children as well (especially the 24 year old) - but slightly higher than for you.

If you apply as a family - I believe it's pretty much guaranteed you will be refused. If your children apply on your own - there is a small chance the 20 year old maybe apprved - and a very very slim chance the 24 year old may be approved.

If your adult children don't wish to leave their parents behind, then they will most likely have to forget about returning to Canada and remain where they are now. Since you don't wish to be separated as a family, best option is to all apply for PR under H&C together - again, refusal is pretty much guaranteed. But at least then you'll have an answer.

Irfan Kakwan

Sep 28, 2019
Given how long you've been away and the fact you never really established yourselves in Canada, the chances of you and your spouse being approved for H&C are extremely low - pretty much nil. The chances are quite low for your children as well (especially the 24 year old) - but slightly higher than for you.

If you apply as a family - I believe it's pretty much guaranteed you will be refused. If your children apply on your own - there is a small chance the 20 year old maybe apprved - and a very very slim chance the 24 year old may be approved.

If your adult children don't wish to leave their parents behind, then they will most likely have to forget about returning to Canada and remain where they are now. Since you don't wish to be separated as a family, best option is to all apply for PR under H&C together - again, refusal is pretty much guaranteed. But at least then you'll have an answer.
Thanks for the advice.