+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR with a DUI Criminal Charge while Residing in Canada???

ishraqiyun77

Nov 9, 2016
jes_ON said:
Yes, you will be asked to explain. If you have any documentation of the date, that might help.
To add to this, I went, had finger prints, and received my FBI record within minutes from an approved FBI channeler. It was a required part of the ITA application. It came back with the initial arrest and conviction. So, I have no choice but to claim the conviction on the application. I do not see that it has an "expunged' status, but from what I have read it is something I can pursue, but it still shows up on the record. Still, given the date of the offense, it does meet Canada's criteria for rehabilitation for the offense. Guess we will see what happens.

Emmanfukami

Apr 11, 2017
Ragztar said:
Hi Ottawa-applicant, What is your status now ? Did you land ? if yes, what did they ask you ? I am in same boat, any answers would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hi can you pm me

fyfy123

Apr 26, 2017
thanks for your prompt response. so I have to declare that I have an outstanding charges even tho it hasn't been approved or i haven't been convicted?... if hats true then they wont let me land :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: do you suggest anything before landing? plz advice and thanks a lot
Hi! Can you please tell me what happened in your case?

Xmara

Oct 18, 2017
I'm already honest with them, I have disclosed to cic that I have pending charges, so I got visa for landing and I will try to land If they ask I will answer, the thing is could they refuse to land me for any reason?
Ottawa-applicant, I did the same stupid mistake which will probably ruin my life now. Can you please let me know how your story ended?
Thanks

visionnaire

Oct 21, 2017
Hello there,

Could you help me plz in my case:

I applied for CEC in July 2014 and almost near the end of my application. In Feb 2015 I was charge with refusal and over 80, I hired a lawyer and we have trail in December 2015 now if my CEC application isn't finished by then what should i do? will this affect me when i do my landing? I applied with my wife will this affect her too since am the main applicant.

pleas any ideas

thanks a lot
Hello glad to see that I am not alone.
I am in the same situation appied since 2014 still wainting for answer.
Can you please let me know how your story ended too ?
It is very difficult to have information about that.

Krisleen

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hii
I am from india and have applied for PR two months back.
However yesterday i was charged chllaan by traffic police for not wearing the seat belt.
Will it affect in any way my background check during processing of my application???

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Hii
I am from india and have applied for PR two months back.
However yesterday i was charged chllaan by traffic police for not wearing the seat belt.
Will it affect in any way my background check during processing of my application???
No. Not wearing a seat belt is a violation, not a criminal offense like DUI/DWI. No need to worry about that.

Jagdeep121

Oct 12, 2017
Hi i am been charged in canada . Assault and threats . Lawyer says trial should be in a year but permit expires next month. Can i apply for work permit extension based on my trial. Will they approve cos i wont be with any status after feb 2018

Reactions: jman25

sree.123

Mar 12, 2018
Hi Ottawa applicant,

Can you PM me if your case is silenced and you are able to get into the country after successful landing procedure. What is your status of your case. Please let me also know. Suggest a good