+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR renewal while citizenship in process

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Has anyone done this ? Unfortunately my citizenship app is crossing 12 month mark in 10 days while still no test invite, and I had sent out my PR renewal about 2 weeks ago - had hoped I wouldn’t need to, but it doesn’t seem realistic now .... anyway, my question is: what will I see in the ECAS site? Does it have separate lines/pages for PR and citizenship ? I guess I will find out when I get AOR for PR, but I just wonder if anyone had experience with this...

Thanks

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Yeah. Mine showed two separate applications.

Citizenship on top and pr below that. When pr was complete it disappeared in a few days.
Thanks!
Although I hope my citizenship goes through before they start processing my pr, so I may still be able to get my money back...

visavorpr

May 8, 2018
I applied for pr card in February and citizenship in March . I'm glad I applied for the card because even though I don't plan major international trips I don't know what is going to happen in the near future . I passed my test in August and was told that I'll be a citizen by the end of the year but that I should expect my oath in October /November. As you can see that is up to 4 months after the test and that's not guaranteed.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Someone told me he got the AOR after 2 weeks...(last month)
but I am sure mine will take a lot longer just like the citizenship LOL
You should have your new PR card back in under 4 months if a recent application I helped a friend with was anything to go by. When we applied it stated a 79 day waiting time but that came and went and then it was something like 115 days on their website when I last looked and his new card arrived more of less after that length of time.

TESTV

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
i applied for card renewal July 16 and have not heard from them since. mailed with courier and signed by a person named M PENNY.

any idea what is going on?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
i applied for card renewal July 16 and have not heard from them since. mailed with courier and signed by a person named M PENNY.

any idea what is going on?
Mine was signed by Mike... anyway, early AOR doesn't mean much, what matters is when it is processed and how long it would take.

TESTV

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Mine was signed by Mike... anyway, early AOR doesn't mean much, what matters is when it is processed and how long it would take.
i am just worried my package gets lost in transition and wasted all this time for nothing. tried to send them a webform email but no feedback yet.