+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR in Canada

May 26, 2018
Hi, Im applying for PR in canada right now, waiting for medical. Unfortunately having conversation with my wife he told me that he is a HIV positve and taking retroviral load for 1 month already.

Please advice me to whether withdraw my application or to continue.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That unfortunately isn't necessarily relevant, as it only applies to the Family Class or Refugees.

In an economic immigration application, if one member of the family is medically inadmissible, they all are.

As the OP is asking about their own PR application, one assumes that the infected spouse is a dependent, not a sponsor.

Having said that, HIV is not a cause for immediate inadmissibility.

Reactions: Unknownme#2405
May 26, 2018
Thank
That unfortunately isn't necessarily relevant, as it only applies to the Family Class or Refugees.

In an economic immigration application, if one member of the family is medically inadmissible, they all are.

As the OP is asking about their own PR application, one assumes that the infected spouse is a dependent, not a sponsor.

Having said that, HIV is not a cause for immediate inadmissibility.

Thank you for your immediate response. So meaning I will continue my application? By the way I will take first the medical then they will follow after 6 to 8 months.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank

Thank you for your immediate response. So meaning I will continue my application? By the way I will take first the medical then they will follow after 6 to 8 months.
I see absolutely no reason to withdraw it.

Reactions: Unknownme#2405

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
I am HIV positive. I have applied to PR in Jun 2023. I did cd4 and viral load on my own in My 2023. On the day of my appointment, I disclosed my condition and I brought a Letter from my Doctor explaining my current medical condition + my medication + all the details. After doing the medicals, I did not hear anything for three weeks until the last week of July. I haven't got my PR approved, however, my status says: medical passed on July 26th 2023 .... I hope this helps.