+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR (Canada)

vasa

May 13, 2017
Hi All,

---- Immediate Help Needed -----

I was in the USA for 5 years. I was arrested in the USA (2018) but NOT CONVICTED. Court has been DISMISSED my case. In 2019 I moved to Canada to pursue Masters. Now I have completed Masters program which is PNP. I have received my PNP (Provisional Nominee Program ). Now I need to apply PR in a week. I have applied USA police clearance certificate.

Question: My PR application will be a problem? Please help me with the your answers. Really appreciated for your answers. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

---- Immediate Help Needed -----

I was in the USA for 5 years. I was arrested in the USA (2018) but NOT CONVICTED. Court has been DISMISSED my case. In 2019 I moved to Canada to pursue Masters. Now I have completed Masters program which is PNP. I have received my PNP (Provisional Nominee Program ). Now I need to apply PR in a week. I have applied USA police clearance certificate.

Question: My PR application will be a problem? Please help me with the your answers. Really appreciated for your answers. Thanks
Should not be an issue. Make sure you answer "yes" in your PR application to the question about whether you have ever been arrested. Presumably you declared this arrest in your study permit application.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Did you disclose this in your student Visa application? You should disclose it in your PR application and it should not be a problem.

vasa

May 13, 2017
When I applied study visa I did not disclose because I My case got dismissed so I thought I don’t need to disclose.

now I will disclose it for sure. Does this gonna be problem ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When I applied study visa I did not disclose because I My case got dismissed so I thought I don’t need to disclose.

now I will disclose it for sure. Does this gonna be problem ?
Yes, that may be an issue. You'll need to explain why you didn't disclose it during your student visa. As you were not convicted, it should not have led to a different decision on your student visa, but it's hard to say.

vasa

May 13, 2017
I will write a letter to the immigration officer and I will explain briefly in the letter.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Don't "explain briefly," provide all details. You don't want your application rejected and you banned because of your misrepresentation.

vasa

May 13, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I will provide my dismissed case reports. I think this should be fine I guess right? It doesn’t cause any problem to my application?