+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Post-Grad Visa or Worker Mobility?

Mar 2, 2017
Hello everybody!
I just had some questions and hoping somebody out there could help. I graduate from college in May and am looking to work in Canada. I already have a job lined up and ready to go. I took the immigration eligibility assessment on the Canadian immigration site and it said I qualified for either the Worker Mobility visa and once I graduate in May I'll be eligible for the Post-Grad visa.
I plan to stay for longer than six months, but it looks like I will have to get a medical exam from a panel physician. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, however the closest eligible physician is about 2 hours away from me in another state. Would it be possible to get a visa for 6 months or less and then once I entered Canada I could extend the visa and just get an exam from a Canadian physician?
Does anybody have experience in applying for either one of these? Is it possible to apply for the Post-Grad visa now rather than waiting until I actually graduate? Also, will I have to continue studying while I'm in Canada if I go on a Post-Grad visa?
I apologize for the massive amount of questions, just looking for somebody to point me in the right direction.

-Timothy

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Timothydenomie said:
Hello everybody!
I just had some questions and hoping somebody out there could help. I graduate from college in May and am looking to work in Canada. I already have a job lined up and ready to go. I took the immigration eligibility assessment on the Canadian immigration site and it said I qualified for either the Worker Mobility visa and once I graduate in May I'll be eligible for the Post-Grad visa.
I plan to stay for longer than six months, but it looks like I will have to get a medical exam from a panel physician. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, however the closest eligible physician is about 2 hours away from me in another state. Would it be possible to get a visa for 6 months or less and then once I entered Canada I could extend the visa and just get an exam from a Canadian physician?
Does anybody have experience in applying for either one of these? Is it possible to apply for the Post-Grad visa now rather than waiting until I actually graduate? Also, will I have to continue studying while I'm in Canada if I go on a Post-Grad visa?
I apologize for the massive amount of questions, just looking for somebody to point me in the right direction.

-Timothy

Are you in Canada right now? Because you said that you're gona graduate in May and then apply for Post Grad but then you later said that you want to enter Canada?

So im confused.......

Mar 2, 2017
Wonderland_1010 said:
Are you in Canada right now? Because you said that you're gona graduate in May and then apply for Post Grad but then you later said that you want to enter Canada?

So im confused.......
I could've sworn I read that some institutions outside of Canada allowed you to be eligible for applying for a Post-Grad Visa... But after reading it seems like you have to go to school in Canada? I apologize for the confusion. I live in the US.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Timothydenomie said:
I could've sworn I read that some institutions outside of Canada allowed you to be eligible for applying for a Post-Grad Visa... But after reading it seems like you have to go to school in Canada? I apologize for the confusion. I live in the US.
You don't qualify for a PGWP. You must have attended and completed school in Canada to qualify.