+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for parents visit visa

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hi there!

I am on PGWP, working full-time and i want to apply for my parent's visit visa.
My parents applied for their visit visa to Canada from Pakistan but it got refused a year ago with the reason that they are not convinced if they will return at the end of their stay.
This time i want to apply for them and be very careful with all the documents as to not give them any reason for rejecting it.

I have a few questions about that.

1. Can i show my bank statement instead of theirs? Is 3-months enough?
2. Does the letter of invitation has to be notarized and where from in Canada? does the letter of purpose to travel from the parents' side also have to be notarized?
3. How detailed the letter of employment has to be and does it has to be addressed to IRCC?
4. Should i apply through the new portal? What's the link for that?

It might be a lot of questions but any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there!

My parents applied for their visit visa to Canada from Pakistan but it got refused a year ago with the reason that they are not convinced if they will return at the end of their stay.
This time i want to apply for them and be very careful with all the documents as to not give them any reason for rejecting it.

2. Does the letter of invitation has to be notarized and where from in Canada? does the letter of purpose to travel from the parents' side also have to be notarized?
3. How detailed the letter of employment has to be and does it has to be addressed to IRCC?

Many thanks
1. No. They need to show that they can afford to come to Canada. You can include your funds too but IRCC may not consider it.
2. Doesn’t have to be notarized.
3. Your parents letters of employment should state that they work at XX for XX number of years, and have been given leave for XX weeks. It can be addressed to IRCC.
4. You can. Go through the IRCC website, and it will tell you what portal to select.

Ties are also investment properties, children under 22 too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there!

Many thanks
1. It should be theirs. Showing yours instead weakens the application.
2. Does not need to be notarized.
3. I assume you are referring to your parents' employment letter? It does not need to be addressed to IRCC.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
1. It should be theirs. Showing yours instead weakens the application.
2. Does not need to be notarized.
3. I assume you are referring to your parents' employment letter? It does not need to be addressed to IRCC.
I'm applying for my mom and I got a Bank draft under her name for 5000 dollars. She's home maker no job . I'd that ok ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm applying for my mom and I got a Bank draft under her name for 5000 dollars. She's home maker no job . I'd that ok ?
How long is she coming for? Where did the money come? It can’t just be dumped into her account…must be documented especially if she has no job. $5k is not a lot of money once airfare is paid.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
How long is she coming for? Where did the money come? It can’t just be dumped into her account…must be documented especially if she has no job. $5k is not a lot of money once airfare is paid.
she will be staying with me for 12 days and the bank draft will be coming from me she also had a Canadian visa in the last 10 years and lot of property under her name back home. on the new portal its only asking me to provide her passport.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
she will be staying with me for 12 days and the bank draft will be coming from me she also had a Canadian visa in the last 10 years and lot of property under her name back home. on the new portal its only asking me to provide her passport.
So you need to explain where the funds are coming from (not her own). Usually giving someone a large sum of money is a red flag. However she has past visa within 10 years so if she never overstayed then that is good.