+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for parents visit visa

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello members,

I applied for my parent's visit visa to Canada, while i was an international student during the covid time. After 1.5 years of waiting, I received an email saying that it was rejected because the officer wasn't convinced that they will leave Canada.
I want to apply for their visa again but this time i will be applying by myself instead of going to an agent. Now i am on a PGWP and i want to make sure that this time, i will apply with every supporting document so that there is no chance of rejection.
My father doesn't work anymore and my mother is a housewife, what documents can i attach to support that they will leave Canada after a while?
Also, Should i attach my bank statement or my father's? How much should it be and for how long?

Sorry for too many questions but any help is appreciated !!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello members,

I applied for my parent's visit visa to Canada, while i was an international student during the covid time. After 1.5 years of waiting, I received an email saying that it was rejected because the officer wasn't convinced that they will leave Canada.
I want to apply for their visa again but this time i will be applying by myself instead of going to an agent. Now i am on a PGWP and i want to make sure that this time, i will apply with every supporting document so that there is no chance of rejection.
My father doesn't work anymore and my mother is a housewife, what documents can i attach to support that they will leave Canada after a while?
Also, Should i attach my bank statement or my father's? How much should it be and for how long?

Sorry for too many questions but any help is appreciated !!
First of all that's good decision that you want to apply by Own (until you have really some complicated scenario)

Caseworker wanted to make sure your parents return back to home country on or before visa validity. so what reason you can show to IRCC thats they agree with you
Options are
- Property (you can attach some pages of it)
- Some established business which can't leave for a long time without him
- Some minor/Dependent children who are in Home country
- Pension letter

Yes both bank statement you should attach which shows you have enough money to support here in CA and hey can also handle their trip expense

Good Luck

Last edited: