+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Parents Super Visa

MustafaC

Jan 9, 2016
Hello Friends,

My name is Mustafa. I landed in Canada as an immigrant on 8th Feb 2018 and my wife followed in May. I secured a job in Mar and so did my wife in Jun. Now we are planning to file Super Visa for my parents. I had a few doubts regarding that:
1. Is it too early to apply for parents super visa?
2. My parents have very weak ties to our home country back there in India. (My only other sibling being a married sister in India, only source of earnings for my parents being the amount that I send back to India, they don't hold any properties) Would taking help from any consultancy help me building a good case for my parents?
3. My dad was in Dubai for 19 years on a work permit. Would that affect his application?
4. Both my parents have an average travel history, they both have visited many countries in the middle east. Would this help?

Thanks in advance for your kind responses!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Friends,

My name is Mustafa. I landed in Canada as an immigrant on 8th Feb 2018 and my wife followed in May. I secured a job in Mar and so did my wife in Jun. Now we are planning to file Super Visa for my parents. I had a few doubts regarding that:
1. Is it too early to apply for parents super visa?
2. My parents have very weak ties to our home country back there in India. (My only other sibling being a married sister in India, only source of earnings for my parents being the amount that I send back to India, they don't hold any properties) Would taking help from any consultancy help me building a good case for my parents?
3. My dad was in Dubai for 19 years on a work permit. Would that affect his application?
4. Both my parents have an average travel history, they both have visited many countries in the middle east. Would this help?

Thanks in advance for your kind responses!
Short answer:
Do NOT apply for their super visas until you have at least one NOA + you are able to prove you have stable income that meets LICO

MustafaC

Jan 9, 2016
Short answer:
Do NOT apply for their super visas until you have at least one NOA + you are able to prove you have stable income that meets LICO
Thanks Bryanna. I am meeting the LICO income requirements already. I can produce bank statements, pay stubs and company offer letter as proofs. But yeah, I'll wait for my first NOA as suggested by you.

Just wondering, in the meantime till I get my 1st NOA, is there something I can do to make my parent's portfolio stronger? So that whenever I apply on their behalf, we have least chances of rejection?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just wondering, in the meantime till I get my 1st NOA, is there something I can do to make my parent's portfolio stronger? So that whenever I apply on their behalf, we have least chances of rejection?
An immigration consultant can't help if there are no perceivable strong ties to base the application on. You can also save the money if you prepare really good applications instead of relying on an immigration consultant. And, you have the time for this.

Generally, super visa are approved if the host income exceeds LICO and the host has a good bank balance + the super visa parents pass the medicals. Strong ties to the home country + applicant finances don't matter too much. Minimal finances and ties would also work.

Some suggestions:
1. Do your parents live in leased accommodation i.e. have a lease in their name?

2. Does your sister live in the same city as your parents? Or do her children (if she has kids) dependent on your parents? For example, if your sister is working and her kids stay with your parents after school.

3. Do your parents volunteer for any charity/religious organization?

4. Your parents may want to do 'test' medicals before they apply for their super visas just to be sure that there are no medical concerns

MustafaC

Jan 9, 2016
An immigration consultant can't help if there are no perceivable strong ties to base the application on. You can also save the money if you prepare really good applications instead of relying on an immigration consultant. And, you have the time for this.

Generally, super visa are approved if the host income exceeds LICO and the host has a good bank balance + the super visa parents pass the medicals. Strong ties to the home country + applicant finances don't matter too much. Minimal finances and ties would also work.

Some suggestions:
1. Do your parents live in leased accommodation i.e. have a lease in their name?

2. Does your sister live in the same city as your parents? Or do her children (if she has kids) dependent on your parents? For example, if your sister is working and her kids stay with your parents after school.

3. Do your parents volunteer for any charity/religious organization?

4. Your parents may want to do 'test' medicals before they apply for their super visas just to be sure that there are no medical concerns
Thank you so much Bryanna. That was really insightful.

Yes, my income exceeds LICO. I will start building my bank balance too. Could you help me with the amount that would suffice and qualify as a good bank balance?

Also, some replies to your suggestions:

1. My parents stay in an apartment that is registered under my relative's name (wife of my mom's brother to be more precise). We haven't transferred the registration yet. So, there's no way we can prove that the apartment belongs to my parents. and doing the registration transfer now would incur a lot of cost, so we're trying to avoid that. I'll ask them to check with local consultants/lawyers to see if they can prepare an affidavit/deed which says that the relative has gifted the apartment to my parents.

2. My sister lives in the same city as my parents, but she doesn't have kids yet.

3. As of now they don't, but they can register themselves for voluntary participation in local religious organizations. I'll ask them to do that.

4. Sure, they'll undergo medical tests.

Thanks again for your support. It's been really helpful.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, my income exceeds LICO. I will start building my bank balance too. Could you help me with the amount that would suffice and qualify as a good bank balance?
There is no criteria for a good bank balance other than the super visa financial requirement to meet LICO. Maybe a reasonable bank balance after considering expenses, mortgage/rent, investments, etc. You would also include your financial investments for the super visa application.

1. My parents stay in an apartment that is registered under my relative's name (wife of my mom's brother to be more precise). We haven't transferred the registration yet. So, there's no way we can prove that the apartment belongs to my parents. and doing the registration transfer now would incur a lot of cost, so we're trying to avoid that. I'll ask them to check with local consultants/lawyers to see if they can prepare an affidavit/deed which says that the relative has gifted the apartment to my parents.
It is pretty easy to transfer an apartment through a Gift Deed to a close family member. And, the stamp duty doesn't work out to much if the property transfer is done correctly.

Depending on the state where your parents live, the stamp duty could be pretty low for a property transfer through a Gift Deed.... or it could be 3% of the market value (as per the government ready-reckoner.... the guide/basis that is used to calculate the property tax).

When you speak with lawyers, you may want to also ask about first transferring the property to your mom's brother.... and then have your mom's brother to gift it to your mom/to both your parents. The reason is your mom's brother's wife is legally not considered as a family member if you're considering the low stamp duty calculations.

3. As of now they don't, but they can register themselves for voluntary participation in local religious organizations. I'll ask them to do that.
Maybe they could also volunteer with an NGO instead of the local religious organization. There are several NGOs working in a wide range of activities

MustafaC

Jan 9, 2016
There is no criteria for a good bank balance other than the super visa financial requirement to meet LICO. Maybe a reasonable bank balance after considering expenses, mortgage/rent, investments, etc. You would also include your financial investments for the super visa application.

It is pretty easy to transfer an apartment through a Gift Deed to a close family member. And, the stamp duty doesn't work out to much if the property transfer is done correctly.

Depending on the state where your parents live, the stamp duty could be pretty low for a property transfer through a Gift Deed.... or it could be 3% of the market value (as per the government ready-reckoner.... the guide/basis that is used to calculate the property tax).

When you speak with lawyers, you may want to also ask about first transferring the property to your mom's brother.... and then have your mom's brother to gift it to your mom/to both your parents. The reason is your mom's brother's wife is legally not considered as a family member if you're considering the low stamp duty calculations.

Maybe they could also volunteer with an NGO instead of the local religious organization. There are several NGOs working in a wide range of activities
Thanks Bryanna. I’ll do as you advised. It seems reasonable.