+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for parent visitor visa - Should I correct family information?

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR for the past two years. My parents applied for a visitor visa through an agent back in 2015 but were rejected. I was on a work permit back in 2015.

Now I want to apply for their visitor visa again. While reviewing old visa forms I found that an agent who did first application in 2015 did not fill the family information section perfectly. He forgot to add my father's sibling names in the form.

Should I correctly add that when I apply this time? Should I mention that in an explanation letter?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR for the past two years. My parents applied for a visitor visa through an agent back in 2015 but were rejected. I was on a work permit back in 2015.

Now I want to apply for their visitor visa again. While reviewing old visa forms I found that an agent who did first application in 2015 did not fill the family information section perfectly. He forgot to add my father's sibling names in the form.

Should I correctly add that when I apply this time? Should I mention that in an explanation letter?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
The brother’s name isn’t a huge deal. Depending on your parent’s financial status and ties you should consider whether TRV or supervisa is better.

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Thank you. I have most of the application ready for visitor visa. My parent's financial status is not that great. You got me thinking now. Is it a big deal to apply for a super visa (in terms of documentation)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. I have most of the application ready for visitor visa. My parent's financial status is not that great. You got me thinking now. Is it a big deal to apply for a super visa (in terms of documentation)?
No not really that much more than TRV. Would look at it especially if their finances are not great. Do they have property? are they employed? Have they travelled to other places similar to Canada like the UK or Australia? You can always apply for a supervisa if the TRV is denied.