+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for OWP after Online Inland PR application

Rhea Jose

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, Has anyone applied for OWP after receiving their AOR on online inland PR application? I would like to know which options you selected in the questionnaire to receive the right checklist in GCkey as the CIC website says that you need form IMM 5707 but I am getting IMM 5257 instead.

Also can we apply for OWP while on implied status? I applied for a visitor record before my status expired and it is still processing.

Thank you.

apsara81

Oct 13, 2019
Hi Rhea, were in exactly the same boat as you. What did you guys end up doing? I couldn't get past the "When does your status in Canada expire?" I don't know what date to write as were waiting on the Visitor Record extension still so I'm kinda stumped. Weve filed for PR, got AOR but I cant figure out what date to write when trying to apply for the Spousal OWP

Byrdlo

Jan 12, 2023
You can apply for an open work permit, but you can no longer submit an application for permanent residence. If you have already applied for permanent residence, you can still sign in to view your application. United Flying Together

Last edited: