+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Open Work Permit in 23 week pregnancy is worth

modgil2121

Nov 13, 2017
I am residing in Texas, USA on H4 visa and holds an Indian passport. My husband got study visa. Now, I want to apply for Open Work Permit (OWP) for Canada so I have to go through medical. My query is:

- I am 23 weeks pregnant so is it safe and good to pass medical for OWP at this moment

I plan to enter Canada in May, 2018, with OWP. Please assist me in this regard.
Thanking you so much,
modgil2121

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have to take the medical, it involves a chest x-ray. Most doctors advise against taking a chest x-ray while pregnant since it can harm your unborn child. You should speak with your doctor before taking the test.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
BTW, you may not have to do medicals depending on the job you are willing to have in Canada. The following is from CIC:

You may need a medical exam to get a work permit if:
  • you wish to work in a job where it is important to protect public health, such as
    • health services,
    • child care or
    • primary or secondary education, or
  • you will be working in an agricultural job and you have lived in a designated country or territory, or
  • you want to work in Canada for more than six months, and you lived in a designated country or territory for six consecutive months during the year right before the date you intend to enter Canada.
There is a question about the type of job you wish to have when you fill out your application and if you answer "No" to this question, you will not be required to do medicals. When you are in Canada and if you change your mind after your child birth, you can reapply for the work permit and choose to do medicals this time.

Last edited: