+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for NEXUS card with COPR - PR Card Not Received

GAkash

Mar 25, 2023
Hello,

As I am filling out the online application for the Nexus Card, I got to the immigration status section and it only has options to enter your PR Card Number/A Number.

Since I don't have my PR card yet, what should I be entering here? It is only allowing 8 digits, the document number & the application number are 9 digits.

Is anyone else in a similar situation able to successfully complete the Nexus application?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Oh man, it seems it's taking much longer these days to get the PR card. I do travel for work pretty often. I was kind of hoping there is an alternative since I am a PR.
How are you travelling to work regularly with just COPR?? Were you being allowed without any warnings of travel using PR next time? They said in January that they would speed up the NEXUS interview options as had been a huge delay and no interview appointments available at major borders. Hope it happens soon.

GAkash

Mar 25, 2023
How are you travelling to work regularly with just COPR?? Were you being allowed without any warnings of travel using PR next time? They said in January that they would speed up the NEXUS interview options as had been a huge delay and no interview appointments available at major borders. Hope it happens soon.
They told me that I can travel with COPR without any issues via land border(Windsor-Detroit). Since they know that PR card is taking longer, they don’t ask me a lot of questions either, just check the COPR & let me in.

My problem is, I am not able to submit the next application without the PR card number, even if I have the COPR. Looking for a way around that, since I am already a permanent resident even if I don’t actually have the Card.