+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for new TRV. Help Please!

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
I am from the Caribbean, I have valid US and Canadian tourist visas. I have travelled to Canada as recently as 4 months ago on my second TRV and am going to apply for a new TRV. I have a few questions...

-If i apply for a new visa and it gets denied, will that void my current visa that's valid until October? I plan to travel in September to visit my grandparents.

-Also, would it be better to have my father show a letter of support and bank statement to supplement my own bank statement? I'm 29 and applied for my two previous TRVs with him.

-Do i need a return ticket?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from the Caribbean, I have valid US and Canadian tourist visas. I have travelled to Canada as recently as 4 months ago on my second TRV and am going to apply for a new TRV. I have a few questions...

-If i apply for a new visa and it gets denied, will that void my current visa that's valid until October? I plan to travel in September to visit my grandparents.

-Also, would it be better to have my father show a letter of support and bank statement to supplement my own bank statement? I'm 29 and applied for my two previous TRVs with him.

- No, this won't void your current visa.
- I would not include a support letter and bank statement from your father. You are an adult and IRCC will want to see thatyou have sufficient funds on your own.
- No. You can include a proposed itinterary.

nmatter

May 12, 2019

If your Canadian visa is valid till October 2019 then why you applying for new one as you planning to go there in sepetenb

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
If you Canadian visa is valid till October 2019 then why you applying for new one as you planning to go there in sepetenb
Because my passport was expiring in October as well so I had to renew it in order to travel because I had less than 6 months left on it. So i'm going to renew the visa as well now that I have a new passport. I was told that it looks better to the visa office if I renew it before the other one expires.

Also, my US visa and Canadian visa are in two different (old) passports, so when I travel I will have to travel with 3 passports.

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you so much for your fast response.

- I would not include a support letter and bank statement from your father. You are an adult and IRCC will want to see thatyou have sufficient funds on your own.
I was thinking maybe it shows more ties to my home country? I don't have any real assets other than my one person company that I can run remotely. Also I only have a few thousand canadian to show.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your fast response.

I was thinking maybe it shows more ties to my home country? I don't have any real assets other than my one person company that I can run remotely. Also I only have a few thousand canadian to show.
Your father's assets are a tie for him - not for you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I thought me being dependent on him was the tie for me but that makes sense
No, at least not in IRCC's perspective. To them, being dependent on someone else makes it more likely you will not have your own funds to comfortably support your stay in Canada...and therefore you will want to work or marry in Canada.

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
No, at least not in IRCC's perspective. To them, being dependent on someone else makes it more likely you will not have your own funds to comfortably support your stay in Canada...and therefore you will want to work or marry in Canada.
Ahhh ok i understand. That makes a lot of sense. Though, wouldn't the letter of support show that I wouldn't need to work/marry if it came down to it, because he'll support me in the event?

Thanks for your responses!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I thought me being dependent on him was the tie for me but that makes sense
You're 29 years old. You aren't dependent on him. If you were 19 years old, it would be a different matter.

Reactions: bellaluna

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
Hi just wanted to post an update for anyone that finds this thread at a later date.

My application got approved.

Timeline
Applied: 13 August
Biometrics request: 14 August
Biometrics submitted: 15 August
Correspondence letter: 22 August
Passport request: 23 August

The processing time for my country is 10 days, so it was pretty accurate.

Mbukhari

Star Member
Aug 7, 2019
Hi just wanted to post an update for anyone that finds this thread at a later date.

My application got approved.

Timeline
Applied: 13 August
Biometrics request: 14 August
Biometrics submitted: 15 August
Correspondence letter: 22 August
Passport request: 23 August

The processing time for my country is 10 days, so it was pretty accurate.
Which country did you apply from and was it online application?