05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
Hello,

I got my CoPR and I am planning on landing in Toronto by February next year. I have started to prepare job applications while I am currently in India and I wanted to know if there is any way to get a reliable Canadian phone number (virtual number, VoIP, etc) that I can use for the applications.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Sunnynav

Oct 31, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-07-2017
Doc's Request.
16-9-2017
AOR Received.
1-9-2017
File Transfer...
2-11-2017
Med's Request
15-9-2017
Med's Done....
22-9-2017
Do u get ur PR. When u apply for ur PR. I have also same condition

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Hello,

I got my CoPR and I am planning on landing in Toronto by February next year. I have started to prepare job applications while I am currently in India and I wanted to know if there is any way to get a reliable Canadian phone number (virtual number, VoIP, etc) that I can use for the applications.

Thanks.
If you have any friend or relative in US/Canada .. you can try getting a Google Voice Number .. would need a friend or relative in US/Canada to link it their mobile number for registration/first time OTP generation etc. Once done, you can can use the Google Hangout app on your mobile to make and receive calls .. you'll get a real Canadian number that you can put on your resume, etc.

Ashish rawat

Dec 5, 2017
I want to nkow that need IELTS For cooks job ...without IELTS can i get visa ..and i have one candian friend he can arrange for me the visa

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
If you have any friend or relative in US/Canada .. you can try getting a Google Voice Number .. would need a friend or relative in US/Canada to link it their mobile number for registration/first time OTP generation etc. Once done, you can can use the Google Hangout app on your mobile to make and receive calls .. you'll get a real Canadian number that you can put on your resume, etc.
Upon landing-can the same number be converted into a full time proper number? As I would like to stick to one number on my resumes and job searches.

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Upon landing-can the same number be converted into a full time proper number? As I would like to stick to one number on my resumes and job searches.
I suppose you can. You can call any mobile operator in Canada and check.

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello,

Thanks.
If you apply from India, do they conduct interviews by means of VC? And do they give job offer based on copr?

sk1356

Mar 8, 2015
Hello,

Thanks.
Google Sonetel. I used it and found it very useful.

Reactions: vinayk

Palgagan

Jul 6, 2018
The best answer to that is currently you are India, but soon coming back. Also, intention is not to lie or cheat but overcome the first round of telephonic interaction with potential future employer. Moreover, if they consider you a good fir based on your resume, they will either ask you to come for a face to face interview. It always pays to be proactive & be ahead of the curve.

Aziz_1984

Aug 6, 2018
Try an app called Fongo Global Edition. It gives you a fully functioning Canadian virtual number and it's absolutely free. You can receive calls and make calls for free except for some paid numbers.
There's add-ons within the app for messaging etc. I find it very easy to use and the voice quality is quite good as long as you have a good data connection.

Reactions: nitishmn

anisha10

Dec 2, 2018
Try an app called Fongo Global Edition. It gives you a fully functioning Canadian virtual number and it's absolutely free. You can receive calls and make calls for free except for some paid numbers.
There's add-ons within the app for messaging etc. I find it very easy to use and the voice quality is quite good as long as you have a good data connection.

Hi Aziz,
Fongo Global Edition is not a free virtual number app. You can only download the IOS & Playstore version and is chargeable Rs 399 for a download.

anisha10

Dec 2, 2018
Hi,
I have received my CoPR and would be landing in Canada this September 2020, most employers are looking at connecting with the job applicants and putting down a non-canadian number is a complete no no in this case. Apart for paid VOIPs are there any free options to go for??