+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for international student visa in 38 years of age

MonRup

Sep 12, 2020
Hi Mates, Thank you all. At least i am having ideas now about how to proceed. Now i would like to seek your advise on one situation.

I contacted one popular university in Canada and they seems to fine with my credentials, however conditions are so confusing. What they told me exactly is that i have to submit all necessary documents for my profile and then they will issue me offer letter ( Not sure what exactly it is).

And then i have to pay first term fees which is 7000 CAD to get my LOA. After that i can apply for my visa and in case of refusal, they will refund my money. Is it working like that in normal cases? I am not sure if i can go ahead with that. Please guide me

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hi Mates, Thank you all. At least i am having ideas now about how to proceed. Now i would like to seek your advise on one situation.

I contacted one popular university in Canada and they seems to fine with my credentials, however conditions are so confusing. What they told me exactly is that i have to submit all necessary documents for my profile and then they will issue me offer letter ( Not sure what exactly it is).

And then i have to pay first term fees which is 7000 CAD to get my LOA. After that i can apply for my visa and in case of refusal, they will refund my money. Is it working like that in normal cases? I am not sure if i can go ahead with that. Please guide me
You have to write University name in order for us to guide you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Which "popular" university is promising you an offer letter? No university worth it's salt can promise you such. Your application will be in competition with other applicants and only the best applications that meet requirements and have a competitive edge will be offered a place. Also, I have not come across a proper university that asks for down payment of the year's tuition before offering a LOA. LOA are given as soon as the admission decision is communicated to you (if it's positive).

It seems like you are referring to one of those private colleges that are money making machines and nothing else.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Which "popular" university is promising you an offer letter? No university worth it's salt can promise you such. Your application will be in competition with other applicants and only the best applications that meet requirements and have a competitive edge will be offered a place. Also, I have not come a proper university that asks for down payment of the year's tuition before offering a LOA. LOA are given as soon as the admission decision is communicated to you (if it's positive).

It seems like you are referring to one of those private colleges that are money making machines and nothing else.
Exactly. May be UCW?