+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for IEC in Canada

JimNeedsHelp

Jun 6, 2015
Hey all,

I was told that this section would be perfect for my question. I'm an Australian citizen currently in Canada on a temporary visitor permit with a return flight in about 10 months time. I am living with my Canadian common-law partner right on the border, in Windsor, ON.

I have done everything on the application except for pay and complete the IMM 1295 form. I was wondering about the IMM 1295 form - the form name itself is APPLICATION FOR A WORK PERMIT, but I wasn't sure if this was for an application made outside of Canada. Am I OK to fill out this form and complete the application within Canada? Also - I can't download it (IMM 1295) from the MyCIC site (despite numerous tickets to them saying I cannot).

Also, a website I found (which I'm apparently not allowed to post...) says to apply directly to the Embassy to circumvent any fees, which would be useful. Is there a guide I can use to do this?

I've been trying to get an appointment at the CIC office in Windsor but this has so far been impossible.

I'm happy to answer any questions! Thanks for reading,
Jim

gcraig006

May 13, 2013
I (Australian) am currently in Canada on an IEC working holiday visa which expires in July 2015, I have applied for a 2nd IEC working holiday visa in April and still waiting for my LOI.

I submitted the IMM1295 form, even though I was applying from within in Canada. From what I had read on other forums this was okay. And there didn't seem to be any alternative. If you are having difficulties downloading the form try using different internet browser (google chrome or firefox), updating adobe pdf viewer or even try using different computers.

Hope that helps.
George