+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Full-Time French Courses in Quebec with my work permit but before my CSQ.

Mar 10, 2019
Hello, my husband is going to be applying for full-time french lessons for immigrants soon and I have some questions. He is immigrating to Canada with the spousal sponsorship program and we both currently live in Québec. We have already received his work permit but haven't yet received his CSQ (it's been around a month and a half). We were going to apply soon for the lessons but are worried about this message on the immigration Québec site:

"Notice for individuals temporarily residing in Québec:
An immigrant holding a work or study permit must respect the conditions related to their status. If the registration for a full-time French course does not conform to these conditions, the immigrant could lose their temporary resident status. Failure to respect the conditions of their stay could also lead to a refusal of the next application to stay in Québec or elsewhere in Canada. It is the immigrant’s responsibility to know the conditions related to their status and respect them. For more information, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

We don't have anyone to consult about the conditions of his status and if it lets him register. I assumed that this message is just for special situations, but have no way of knowing. Can he register for full-time lessons based on his current status?

Thank you in advance.