+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for first tie Super visa

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
Hello,
I have a couple of questions. My wife and I just had a baby in April. She is Ukrainian and so are her parents, they are currently working in Croatia, but they still own an apartment in Ukraine. My wife just received her PR in June. I was wondering if we would qualify to apply for the super visa for her parents and what exactly is required.

When I read the IRCC website it seemed that we could just use pay stubs or a letter from our employers to confirm our income meets the LICO. There are 3 of us in our household (myself, my wife, our baby). If we are applying for her parents does that make the household 5 then? Anyways, our salaries meet the LICO but I have read of people needing to also have a certain ammount of money in their bank account but couldnt find any request for that on the Government of Canada website.

Also, can anyone recommend a place to do the medical insurance for both of them and approximately how much that would cost per year? They are both mid-40s with no health conditions.

We want them to come visit for a while to get used to the country so that they can decide if they want to move to Canada or stay in Europe, and also to come visit their granddaughter as they havent met her yet. We would also appreciate the help of her mother caring for the child when my wife returns to work. I realize we arent allowed to say this on the application or invitation, but can anyone give me a suggestion as to what I should say to have this approved if we are even eligible to apply for it. I would rather that they have supervisas instead of a normal TRV just for ease of use, but maybe we should just do the visitor visa instead?

Any help, including recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

peach-8817

Jun 10, 2019
It would be a household of 5 for you, yes. You should make sure you have 1 year NOA and T4 to prove you meet LICO. It is not necessary to show them your bank account if you meet LICO comfortably. You can mention your parents are coming to visit you and meet their granddaughter. Don't say she will be taking care of your child, just in case.

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
We don't have a t4 or NOA for 2018 that would meet the lico as we just moved back to Canada in November. I could get a letter from my employer though stating my salary and my wife is currently on maternity leave so I maybe be able to get something from EI?

I mean our combined salary is still over 100k gross so if I had those letters would that be alright? People keep. Mentioning that they sent Bank statements with a certain sum of money. Is there any ammount of actual funds you need to have?

peach-8817

Jun 10, 2019
We don't have a t4 or NOA for 2018 that would meet the lico as we just moved back to Canada in November. I could get a letter from my employer though stating my salary and my wife is currently on maternity leave so I maybe be able to get something from EI?

I mean our combined salary is still over 100k gross so if I had those letters would that be alright? People keep. Mentioning that they sent Bank statements with a certain sum of money. Is there any ammount of actual funds you need to have?
I have read on this forum that some people have had some success with just providing paystubs and letter without NOA/T4s. However, it is not guaranteed. I would personally recommend applying after you have a NOA/T4 as that will be a more solid application. You can send bank statements to help make your case stronger. There is no set amount you have to have in your bank account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general an NOA that meets LICO is required but you can try without one. They could try for a TRV but will likely have a hard time getting one since they don’t live in Ukraine,

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
In general an NOA that meets LICO is required but you can try without one. They could try for a TRV but will likely have a hard time getting one since they don’t live in Ukraine,
They still own their apartment in Ukraine and their parents and siblings live in Ukraine. Would that be enough family ties there? They are only working in Croatia on a one-year contract.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They still own their apartment in Ukraine and their parents and siblings live in Ukraine. Would that be enough family ties there? They are only working in Croatia on a one-year contract.
If they are not currently living and working in Ukraine it is not considered strong ties.

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
Does anyone have a recommendation of where to buy insurance for the supervisa? Is it somethign that can be refundable if the visa is denied?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone have a recommendation of where to buy insurance for the supervisa? Is it somethign that can be refundable if the visa is denied?
Yes it will be refunded if visa denied. Google supervisa insurance there are a few companies that offer it.

MonChoon

Sep 10, 2018
Thats good to know.
After weighing all of the options I think that we are going to just apply for a TRV and hope for the best. I am filling out the family information form (IMM5645). For Section C, brothers and sisters, do I have to include their brother/sister in-laws also? Or just ones who are directly related to them? It does specify, half and step siblings but doesnt mention in-laws.