+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Federal without CSQ, and related questions

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Good afternoon all,

As I continue to not get answers from MIDI, I'm seriously considering applying to the express entry without receiving our CSQ. This raises a number of questions that I hope someone has experience with:

1) You have to promise you will leave Quebec once you get the PR. How much time to leave do you have?
2) What happens if you do not leave fast enough (or at all)?
3) What happens if you get the PR this way, and later receive your CSQ?​

Thank you all,

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon all,

As I continue to not get answers from MIDI, I'm seriously considering applying to the express entry without receiving our CSQ. This raises a number of questions that I hope someone has experience with:

1) You have to promise you will leave Quebec once you get the PR. How much time to leave do you have?
2) What happens if you do not leave fast enough (or at all)?
3) What happens if you get the PR this way, and later receive your CSQ?​

Thank you all,

Regards
1) You need to convince IRCC that you do not plan to live in Quebec before the PR visa will be issued. You'll need to move out of Quebec and also withdraw your application for CSQ before the PR visa will be issued under the Federal program directly. Otherwise IRCC will assume you plan to continue living in Quebec and refuse your application.
2) See above. Your Federal application will be refused.
3) See answer 1. You need to pick one or the other.

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
1) You need to convince IRCC that you do not plan to live in Quebec before the PR visa will be issued. You'll need to move out of Quebec and also withdraw your application for CSQ before the PR visa will be issued under the Federal program directly. Otherwise IRCC will assume you plan to continue living in Quebec and refuse your application.
2) See above. Your Federal application will be refused.
3) See answer 1. You need to pick one or the other.
Hi Scylla

I understand about persuading the officer of your intentions to leave Quebec. But I'm legally tied to Quebec due to my work permit, I cannot move out of Quebec before acquiring the residency. I have good reasons why I think moving out of Quebec would be good for my family, I'm hoping the immigration officer would see the reason on my arguments and understand.

My second question was geared more towards "What is the policing policy regarding checking if you left Quebec", if there is any. I am planning on leaving if I get the residency, but I'm not sure if there is a time limit (e.g. you must leave in 2 months or else...)

Thanks you for the reply!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla

I understand about persuading the officer of your intentions to leave Quebec. But I'm legally tied to Quebec due to my work permit, I cannot move out of Quebec before acquiring the residency. I have good reasons why I think moving out of Quebec would be good for my family, I'm hoping the immigration officer would see the reason on my arguments and understand.

My second question was geared more towards "What is the policing policy regarding checking if you left Quebec", if there is any. I am planning on leaving if I get the residency, but I'm not sure if there is a time limit (e.g. you must leave in 2 months or else...)

Thanks you for the reply!
Without demonstrating hard proof of a move outside of Quebec, I think it will be quite difficult to convince the officer of the first point. Based on the cases we've seen here, they want more than just your word. They want hard proof you have either already relocated or are making real plans to do so very shorty. But you can certainly try.

There is no policing policy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also keep in mind that your application to MIDI contradicts the statement that you wish to live outside of Quebec. Yet another reason why I think IRCC will be looking for hard proof of your move before they will consider your application.