+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for family sponsorship permanent residence visa

pecchi51

Sep 16, 2016
hi just registered and very new to this so bear with me, can I apply for visa while in canada my daughter is canadian citizen, or do I have to apply from U.K. my home country, thought I had seen something referring to this while l was scrolling through screeds of stuff, thanks for any help

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
pecchi51 said:
hi just registered and very new to this so bear with me, can I apply for visa while in canada my daughter is canadian citizen, or do I have to apply from U.K. my home country, thought I had seen something referring to this while l was scrolling through screeds of stuff, thanks for any help
Having a Canadian daughter gives you no special rights to come to Canada. You'll need to enter as a visitor just like everyone else, and follow the visitor rules here just like everyone else. UK citizens need to apply for an eTA, and then will usually be given 6-months visitor status upon entering Canada. You can apply to extend this status as needed.

If you daughter qualifies with 3 years of Canadian income, she could possibly sponsor you for PR once the parents program re-opens in January. But this does nothing to help you come to Canada now. When she can apply to sponsor you for PR it doesn't matter if you're in the UK or Canada at the time.