+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for extension of medical tests for parents

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Hello All,

I applied for my parents sponsorship in PGP 2017 and have received medicals. As of now my dad is going through a medical procedure and will not be able to complete his medicals before the due date of 30 days from the date of the letter.

Is it possible to ask for an extension of few months and then undergo medicals, so as not to loose the spot in the queue?

Thanks in advance.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello All,

I applied for my parents sponsorship in PGP 2017 and have received medicals. As of now my dad is going through a medical procedure and will not be able to complete his medicals before the due date of 30 days from the date of the letter.

Is it possible to ask for an extension of few months and then undergo medicals, so as not to loose the spot in the queue?

Thanks in advance.
YES......it is possible to ask for extension.....but you have to contact IRCC........below is the text from the request for medical.

When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination

You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application.

Who may complete your Immigration Medical Examination

Your medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the IRCC list of Panel Physicians. The list of Panel Physicians to find a doctor in your area: How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible.

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
YES......it is possible to ask for extension.....but you have to contact IRCC........below is the text from the request for medical.

When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination

You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application.

Who may complete your Immigration Medical Examination

Your medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the IRCC list of Panel Physicians. The list of Panel Physicians to find a doctor in your area: How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible.
Thanks Wakki.... I am guessing they will need a reason as well when asking for extension. or we could simply say that we are asking for extension for personal reasons?

Any thoughts?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks Wakki.... I am guessing they will need a reason as well when asking for extension. or we could simply say that we are asking for extension for personal reasons?

Any thoughts?
You need to tell them or explain why the medical exam can't be completed within the 30 days

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
In my case I had reached out to CIC and told them the actual reason and I was given extension for another 30 days