+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry with WES Education Assessment partially complete

hangar1318

Nov 5, 2018
Hi. I have a Masters from the US and BTech from India. I sent all my transcripts to WES for verification. The verification of the US university was quick. But for the Indian university (MNNIT Allahabad), WES notified me that they have sent an email and a mail to the university with photocopies of my transcripts/degree asking the university to confirm my grades and degree. This was 2 months back and the university has not responded yet. I emailed the dean there twice and now I have requested a current student to somehow request somebody at the university to provide the verification to WES. But even he is lost and is unable to help. I asked WES to tell me which email address they emailed, but they said they can't tell me that. What should I do? My education assessment is partially complete because the Indian university is not responding to WES. Is confirmation of Master's degree by WES enough or do you suggest I start the education assessment with some other organization and this time not supply my BTech degree? Can I apply for Express Entry anyway?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi. I have a Masters from the US and BTech from India. I sent all my transcripts to WES for verification. The verification of the US university was quick. But for the Indian university (MNNIT Allahabad), WES notified me that they have sent an email and a mail to the university with photocopies of my transcripts/degree asking the university to confirm my grades and degree. This was 2 months back and the university has not responded yet. I emailed the dean there twice and now I have requested a current student to somehow request somebody at the university to provide the verification to WES. But even he is lost and is unable to help. I asked WES to tell me which email address they emailed, but they said they can't tell me that. What should I do? My education assessment is partially complete because the Indian university is not responding to WES. Is confirmation of Master's degree by WES enough or do you suggest I start the education assessment with some other organization and this time not supply my BTech degree? Can I apply for Express Entry anyway?
As per WES website, you were not supposed to send your B.Tech degree since your Masters education is from US.

https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

So at present, if WES has considered Masters degree as Masters Canadian equivalent, you can request WES to ignore B.tech and just provide ECA for Masters only. Tell them to just remove B.tech from your account.

hangar1318

Nov 5, 2018
Interesting. I just emailed them asking them to remove the BTech credential. Let's see what they say. Thanks a lot for your advice

hangar1318

Nov 5, 2018
This is what they said

"
Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we cannot remove the credential once the verification is sent to the institution. The status for these documents will be updated in My Account once their response is received and accepted by WES.
We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution(s) sufficient time to respond to our request.
Best regards,
Jenny
WES Customer Service"

I do not think my institution will reply. It has been 3 full months. Should I apply for verification from some other organization and use that for my Canadian Express Entry? This time I will only supply my Masters degree.

prasannkb

Jan 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

What is the procedure to get transcripts and Degree Verification from MNNIT ?
I have got the reference number from WES and need to start the procedure.