Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Thank you . Whereas will I be eligible for applying open permit without leaving the current job ?
Based on my knowledge, its not possible to apply for an open work permit while on closed work permit.

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
Based on my knowledge, its not possible to apply for an open work permit while on closed work permit.
Thank you for replying. Mine is ICT WP and my employer is in Toronto I would be working for Quebec client. Also due to pandemic situation we will be working from home and would not be commuting to office.
Whereas I will qualify all the requirements to apply BOWP if stay outside of quebec , should I consult some immigration officer to get the clarity ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

I do not any issues for me applying to open permit through BOWP, clarify if I am wrong :(

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Your knowledge is wrong then. Applying for BOWP while being on a closed work permit is a classic example. There's no rule from IRCC which forbids someone with a closed work permit to apply for an open one if he/she qualifies for it.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thank you for replying. Mine is ICT WP and my employer is in Toronto I would be working for Quebec client. Also due to pandemic situation we will be working from home and would not be commuting to office.
Whereas I will qualify all the requirements to apply BOWP if stay outside of quebec , should I consult some immigration officer to get the clarity ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

I do not any issues for me applying to open permit through BOWP, clarify if I am wrong :(
As long as you apply for PR under EE and get the AOR, you can apply for a BOWP. But not if you're still in Quebec, you can apply once you move out.

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
As long as you apply for PR under EE and get the AOR, you can apply for a BOWP. But not if you're still in Quebec, you can apply once you move out.
Thanks . As I am on closed work permit for Montreal, quebec can I continue working for the same and apply for BOWP staying out of quebec?
I had read in the forum about this and being approved for BOWP.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Your knowledge is wrong then. Applying for BOWP while being on a closed work permit is a classic example. There's no rule from IRCC which forbids someone with a closed work permit to apply for an open one if he/she qualifies for it.
My knowledge isn't wrong. Bowp is possible only for those who have applied for permanent residence and have their application completed the R10 step. And not possible for people living in Quebec. The post I replied had no reference to such a scenario.

mahi60

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi I can apply for CEC in out of Quebec and my husband can work in Montreal during my application process? I am working out of Quebec.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks . As I am on closed work permit for Montreal, quebec can I continue working for the same and apply for BOWP staying out of quebec?
I had read in the forum about this and being approved for BOWP.
As long as your employer is ok with you working remotely, you should be fine. I did the same and others before me.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi I can apply for CEC in out of Quebec and my husband can work in Montreal during my application process? I am working out of Quebec.
Well what's your plan? Are you planning to move to Quebec or is he planning to move out? You'll need to justify all of that somehow to the immigration officer.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
My knowledge isn't wrong. Bowp is possible only for those who have applied for permanent residence and have their application completed the R10 step. And not possible for people living in Quebec. The post I replied had no reference to such a scenario.
There are no scenarios under the canadian immigration system where someone cannot obtain an open work permit just because he/she has a closed work permit. Other reasons may apply but not that one.

kk88mm

Jan 10, 2021
montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Hello guys
Recently I applied for PR trough the CEC program, now I am living in Montreal. The company which I am working has another branch in Toronto, also my job needs provincial certificate I applied for that and I have it for Ontario, but I can not leave Montreal because of my wife’s job Until in the 5 following months, what is your idea if my employer give me offer from Toronto branch but for the next 5 months, is it acceptable as an intention for leaving Quebec and moving to Ontario?
Thanks

rashmigr22

Jun 17, 2021
Hi All,

Can anyone help with my Query? Iam Currently working on client project in Montreal under closed wp, but my company location/head office is in Toronto. I got ITA under CEC, already provided LoE stating all the reasons of intention to stay outside QC. Infact prior to this project I was working in Brampton. Montreal location was completely client requirement not mine or my company choice. Do I need to still provide Job applications, lease or any such proofs to show I will move out of QC?
My company base location Ontraio will that not be sufficient to prove?

Thanks