+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for EE while QSW/CSQ application processing

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Good afternoon all,

I have read conflicting stories about this subject, from multiple sources. I would love some concrete knowledge or experience in the matter from you all

I'm aware that is it permitted to apply for EE while living in Quebec. Does the application for the CSQ impacts/legally conflicts with the EE application?

I qualify for both programs, but with the MIDI unpredictability I'm not sure I want to wait for an "undetermined" amount of time for an uncertain answer.

I would love any experience, knowledge, or thread link about this subject,
Thanks

only3dot

Apr 18, 2018
Hi mbkingsnake,
Did you get your answer? I’m wondering about the same question.
I cannot add express entry profile to my account because it says that I have one application in process (my QSW) so I created a new account (using GCKey) and applied for EE pool.
Please advise.
Thanks

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
I think I figured it out.

Is is perfectly legal to apply for EE while your CSQ is processing, or if you hold a CSQ. CSQ is not a direct application for residency, so there is no conflict. You would still have to convince the immigration officer that you are moving out of Quebec if its granted, which is more difficult if you have a CSQ.

In your case, the QSW is a direct application for residency, and from what I understand, it is illegal to have 2 residency applications at the same time (E.g. EE+QSW). I would suggest you evaluate your situation (your wait time, likelihood of obtaining, etc) and cancel the least likely until you get a decision, then apply for the other one, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks,

only3dot

Apr 18, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I talked to an agent and also I submitted a webform.
Both of them confirmed that I can have two application in process.

Please see their response:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

Furthermore, we verified the information on your file. We can confirm that you have created a new Express Entry (EE) profile and have been accepted to the EE pool of candidates.

Thanks a lot!

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

Can you plse advise me, I am also in the similar situation

My(self+wife) CSQ is in process and its been almost 2 yrs and got cancelled after that. I again submitted the CSQ in ARRIMA and waiting for the answer.

At this stage I would like to apply for federal express entry(wife not accompanying) because my wife has some personal reasons to stay back in India only.

Can I file an application for Express entry while my CSQ in process ? because I don't want to waste time in waiting for CSQ and I have already started looking for new jobs outside Quebec

Please provide me you advise so that I can plan accordingly

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hi,

Can you plse advise me, I am also in the similar situation

My(self+wife) CSQ is in process and its been almost 2 yrs and got cancelled after that. I again submitted the CSQ in ARRIMA and waiting for the answer.

At this stage I would like to apply for federal express entry(wife not accompanying) because my wife has some personal reasons to stay back in India only.

Can I file an application for Express entry while my CSQ in process ? because I don't want to waste time in waiting for CSQ and I have already started looking for new jobs outside Quebec

Please provide me you advise so that I can plan accordingly
have you received any response? i am also tuck in same dilema

Md Sajeeb

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I talked to an agent and also I submitted a webform.

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

Furthermore, we verified the information on your file. We can confirm that you have created a new Express Entry (EE) profile and have been accepted to the EE pool of candidates.

Thanks a lot!
How was your final outcome?

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Experts,

I already have my CSQ but not yet applied for paper PR (was not sure of EE invite due to low CRS so applied)
now If I got ITA in this CEC @75 draw then I think I can apply for EE and proceed which is faster that CSQ paper PR ?? I am out side Canada right now and in India.

-- help with the situation. I hope someone had faced similar situation

Thanks.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
I think I figured it out.

Is is perfectly legal to apply for EE while your CSQ is processing, or if you hold a CSQ. CSQ is not a direct application for residency, so there is no conflict. You would still have to convince the immigration officer that you are moving out of Quebec if its granted, which is more difficult if you have a CSQ.

In your case, the QSW is a direct application for residency, and from what I understand, it is illegal to have 2 residency applications at the same time (E.g. EE+QSW). I would suggest you evaluate your situation (your wait time, likelihood of obtaining, etc) and cancel the least likely until you get a decision, then apply for the other one, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks,
Hello Experts,

I already have my CSQ but not yet applied for paper PR (was not sure of EE invite due to low CRS so applied)
now If I got ITA in this CEC @75 draw then I think I can apply for EE and proceed which is faster that CSQ paper PR ?? I am out side Canada right now and in India.

-- help with the situation. I hope someone had faced similar situation

Also advise how to I convince the Officer that I will stay out of quebec. I lived in quebec in 2017 and later In toronto for 2 yrs and moved back to india in dec 2020.

Thanks.

Md Sajeeb

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

Thanks a lot!
Hello, Could you please let us know what was your outcome from those 2 applications at the same time?