+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for EE Permanent Residence from OUTSIDE of Canada.

hshslm

May 8, 2018
I am currently studying in Canada and graduating soon and so my status will expire soon.

1) Is it possible to apply for Express Entry from outside of Canada?

2) Would it be better to apply from Canada before departing and then leaving the country while the application is being processed? (Assuming I will not return unless I am invited for PR)

3) What would be the differences between applying form inside and outside of Canada in terms of application package, processing time and document requirements etc. ?

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
I am currently studying in Canada and graduating soon and so my status will expire soon.

1) Is it possible to apply for Express Entry from outside of Canada?

2) Would it be better to apply from Canada before departing and then leaving the country while the application is being processed? (Assuming I will not return unless I am invited for PR)

3) What would be the differences between applying form inside and outside of Canada in terms of application package, processing time and document requirements etc. ?
1. You can apply from outside of Canada, if you meet the MEC qualifications. Do you have atleast, one year of experience inside or three years of experience outside, of Canada?
2. It doesn't make a major difference as such.
3. If you come under CEC, then you does not require proof of funds. If you don't, then not much difference again. The processing time is less then 6 month for 80% of the applications, whether from inside or outside Canada.