+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for ECA via WES, which option to select for Animation Diploma under Institution type

GaganSidana

Aug 13, 2017
Hello Folks,

Me and my wife were going to apply for express entry visa. My wife is the primary applicant. I have successfully created WES profile of my wife as she had done Bachelors Degree and after that Master's Degree. About my self, I have done my graduation in B.Com in the year 2009 and after that Diploma for two years in Animation-Multimedia in the year 2011, from Arena Animation affiliated to Aptech Global Solutions Pvt Ltd.(MUMBAI).
So now I have few queries regarding the same when I am filling up details under Education section:
Which drop down to select for two year diploma as it is showing :
University Education
State board of Technical Education
Professional Education
Secondary Education
I have all semester certificates along with final certification of full Diploma program. When I select 'Professional Education" as it does not show animation or any other diploma name in this option.

Additionally, when I am going through CRS calculator, under highest level of education of spouse, what should I select:"Bachelors Degree" or "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years."

Please Help!
Thanks

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Folks,

Me and my wife were going to apply for express entry visa. My wife is the primary applicant. I have successfully created WES profile of my wife as she had done Bachelors Degree and after that Master's Degree. About my self, I have done my graduation in B.Com in the year 2009 and after that Diploma for two years in Animation-Multimedia in the year 2011, from Arena Animation affiliated to Aptech Global Solutions Pvt Ltd.(MUMBAI).
So now I have few queries regarding the same when I am filling up details under Education section:
Which drop down to select for two year diploma as it is showing :
University Education
State board of Technical Education
Professional Education
Secondary Education
I have all semester certificates along with final certification of full Diploma program. When I select 'Professional Education" as it does not show animation or any other diploma name in this option.

Additionally, when I am going through CRS calculator, under highest level of education of spouse, what should I select:"Bachelors Degree" or "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years."

Please Help!
Thanks
In CRS calculator u should select masters as level of education.

Im not sure if WES evaluates Diplomas issued by Aptech, pls check. If it is evaluated as a diploma u can select ur education as two or more post secondary certificates

GaganSidana

Aug 13, 2017
In CRS calculator u should select masters as level of education.

Im not sure if WES evaluates Diplomas issued by Aptech, pls check. If it is evaluated as a diploma u can select ur education as two or more post secondary certificates
Thanks jackdawn..
As mentioned above, that primary applicant is my wife and she has done Masters degree.
I'm asking for mine as her spouse in CSR calculator, what to choose as I have bachelor's degree and after that two years diploma in Animation.. ??

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks jackdawn..
As mentioned above, that primary applicant is my wife and she has done Masters degree.
I'm asking for mine as her spouse in CSR calculator, what to choose as I have bachelor's degree and after that two years diploma in Animation.. ??
Thats what i have mentioned above, if ur aptech diploma is evaluated as a diploma (1 yr or 2 yr) then u can select two or more post secondary

GaganSidana

Aug 13, 2017
Can you tell me how you got your ECA for the Aptech diploma?
Hi,
I got my ECA done thru WES only my B.Com Graduation. I haven't mentioned about Animation diploma from Aptech as there database shows Pop-up message that "Diploma from Aptech will not be evaluated by WES". Also for confirmation, I even called up WES customer care, they also didn't allowed to send diploma certificate from Aptech.

Zainm17

Nov 17, 2022
Good day, everyone.

I hope you are all in good health. I need assistance with the eca evaluation from WES.

I obtained an Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering from Aptech and used it to obtain a B.SC of IT from Middlsex University. My transcript shows that I received two years of exemption for years one and two from Aptech, and that I studied at Middlex University for the third year.

Now I've discovered through online research that the Aptech Diploma will not be evaluated by WES.

I need advice on how to proceed, specifically whether I should use another company to evaluate my degree or whether I should only send my bachelor's degree for evaluation and not the Aptech diploma.