+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Citizenship from Saskatchewan

rajesh_sharma

Jan 20, 2013
Guys, just wanted to know if I apply for Citizenship from Saskatchewan will that be faster and what is the number of days of physical presence required?

Thanks everyone in advance...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rajesh_sharma said:
Guys, just wanted to know if I apply for Citizenship from Saskatchewan will that be faster and what is the number of days of physical presence required?

Thanks everyone in advance...
The same as the rest of Canada. 1095 days in the previous 4 years.

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
I never come across anyone reporting from saskatchwan, but people from winnipeg reported longer time than other places.

Your question sounded like u have an option to apply with an address from a different province?

rajesh_sharma

Jan 20, 2013
What I meant was, stay in Saskatchewan for one year (already completed two years in Ontario) and work in Saskatchewan, then apply for citizenship....in this situation my question was, will the citizenship process be faster as I have applied from Saskatchewan province...

anin14

Jul 13, 2011
hi rajesh:

i applied from saskatoon in august 2011 and my file went into processing only in november 2012. as of today it is more than 17 months since i applied. however, someone else i know who applied from here received a notification to take the test within eight months of applying.

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
Hi anin,
Is ur file transfered to a local office yet?
I'm just wondering if citizenship applications are processed in saskatoon after May 2012 (closure of 19 CIC offices nation wide).

anin14

Jul 13, 2011
White Bear:

I am assuming that the file has not been transferred to the local office because my status online indicates "In processing." You are correct that there is no longer an office in Saskatoon; it was moved to Calgary. I am assuming that this will mean even more delay once my file has been transferred.

s.